Topic

Laughing at ourselves

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Laughing at ourselves

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Paul from AHE shared this at hammockforums.net. Thought you might like it…

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32338

Todd

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

"Bster13, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

and I'm a hammock forum member. Is it possible it's a post in the donating members only?

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Perhaps you do need to be a donating member for this one. Some threads are that way.

Sorry about that.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

C'mon, give us a PDF or something then! :D

Tom Brown

@tzbrown

Link to the video on YouTube

When gearheads run amuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZGKpNbV9Gg&feature=player_embedded#at=186

It does fit for many of us

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Oh man! I have heard that conversation in real life! So true for so many here.

tommy d

@vinovampire

"Oh man! I have heard that conversation in real life! So true for so many here."

Is this really true?

As I wrote on another forum, when this video was posted: "That video is well done and pretty funny, but in all seriousness: Is this something you've really, actually experienced? I'm sure there are some ultralight backpackers out there who rarely go on trips, just like there are hoards of Patagucci wearing college kids or traditional backpackers who never backpack. Is this something that you've noticed?"

I asked this question, because it's been completely counter to my own personal experiences, but didn't get any response yet. So, I want to see the data! Preferably in spreadsheet form…

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Tommy,

In my experience it isn't common. But what makes it funny is its an exaggeration of what we are like! (to some degree, anyway)

Spreadsheet to follow from Roger Caffin… :)

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

hey my glasses aren't that color! if you are going to make fun of me at least get it right…

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I love "Xtranormal"!!

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

That video was hilarious. However, (and maybe I am just stereotypical) all of his gear changes are the same ones I had. Kinda scary.

tommy d

@vinovampire

If you found that video funny, then maybe you'll like the one I made a few weeks ago.

Boots, man…. why!?

YouTube video

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools