Topic

Dehydrated eggs that taste like eggs!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Dehydrated eggs that taste like eggs!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

So, if I wanted veggie omelets, would I need to re-hydrate the veggies separately, then add them to runny eggs to cook, or could I dump enough water into a dried veggie/egg powder mix, seal and fold over the bag, boil for 10 minutes, and eat omelettes?

I was thinking a little butter powder, S&P, and garlic powder would also go along nicely.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I'd presoak for best results!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You gals are just trying to throw me off my diet again.

–B.G.–

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

I believe they have also have Ova Easy Egg Whites as well, Bob!

http://www.nutriomstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ov113

Enjoy!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Bob,
    If it makes you feel any better I eat tofu scrambles at home and not eggs :-D

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

The dehydrated egg white powder that I mentioned earlier seems to do fine as an egg ingredient in some ordinary recipe. Very few of us try to do meringues and complicated stuff out on the trail.

Here in California I think somebody has started a state initiative to ban tofu scrambles from the list of palatable trail food. I don't like the stuff. I would probably eat it if I hadn't had anything to eat in a couple of days.

–B.G.–

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools