Topic

Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
Stephen M BPL Member
PostedJan 19, 2014 at 11:40 am

I use BD flick loks and join the two togeter by removing a basket from one and the bottom section from another, will post a photo later.

HeathP BPL Member
PostedJan 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Gary,
That looks perfect! A lot more stable than the rig I built previously. I will definitely get some of those Voile straps.

David,
Currently in AZ there is only artificial snow on two ski resorts, otherwise there is no snow in AZ. There is no such thing as backcountry skiing here. We've also been experiencing temps 20 degrees above normal this winter and it looks like we have no precipitation for the forseeable future. It's going to be a bad year for weather in AZ.

Thanks all I think I will be buying the Voile straps and giving it a go.

PostedJan 19, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Good post Gary. As a critter style backpacker I too chose to rely on what I have, not what I can buy. Here’s the link to my latest youtube video on the subject.

Gary Dunckel BPL Member
PostedJan 19, 2014 at 10:04 pm

C-Man, I've seen that video before. The thing about your technique is that you use some duct tape every time you set it up, and that likely is discarded when you take the tent down, right? Then there's the issue of needing to be fairly accurate as to where you tie the slip knots and how long the cord betwen the knots needs to be. These variables might be compensated via the pole's adjustability though. And when you've done it many times, I assume that you have it down. My preference is to have things dialed in before I connect the poles, with a minimal need to adjust the poles. Different strokes for the folks…

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
Loading...