Topic

3 Season Gear List for relativly new ultraliter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 3 Season Gear List for relativly new ultraliter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Jon Hamilton

@instantjp

Mike, I'm going to follow Justin and bring TP with me as a backup on my next trip, too (Weminuche in July). I am willing to try your techniques. If I find they work, I will give up bringing it too. I gotta say that the section on how to clean your butt is worth the price of your book alone:) I never thought that would be a subject that would blow my mind!

But about the bandana….don't think I can give that up just yet. It's headgear, camp towel, pot holder, coffee maker (coffee supposedly is a natural mosquito repellent) and potential first aid bandage all in one device. I would need strong convincing to give it up.

Justin Nelson
    BPL Member

@jnelson871

Locale: CA Bay Area

Wow Mike you were right about my bag not being warm enough! Got down below freezing at night and while I had insulation for my torso and my feet my poor legs were so cold! I am going to try down pants for sleeping first and then see where I go from there. Definitely need to go back to a quilt! I forgot how confining a true mummy bag is. I will post a full trip report once I recover from the trip :)

I just finished Mike's new book and it is definitely worth the price of admission. The other copies I purchased for friends were hungrily devoured as well and I made at least one convert to the ultralight way this weekend.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools