Topic

Bear Canister in MLD Burn

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bear Canister in MLD Burn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I was like a giggling girl today. An envelope arrived with my new MLD Burn. So I pulled my trusty old Jam out and loaded my gear into this little bitty pack. Then the moment of truth…. Would my new little bearboxer canister comfortably fit into the pack? I had loaded an 1/8" GG pad in the front, quilt and bivy in the bottom and then believe it or not slid the canister right in. I had to put my tarp and windshirt in the front corners to keep the back straight but it and all my gear fit in without much drama. I put the pack on, loaded up two water bottles and it fit like a glove.

So, for any of you light-weight, low volume, bear canister carrying hikers – Yes, you can fit a canister in a Burn.

Will have to give it a nice trial run up on the AT this weekend.

Todd Hein
    BPL Member

@todd1960

Locale: Front Range

Sounds cool? Which size can did you use?

P.S. Does the GG pad just fold up inside the pack? Are there straps to hold in place? Just wondering….

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Bareboxer 275 ci. Love that little can.

Mat Tallman

@wehtam

Locale: Midwest

Any chance you could grab a pic or two of the BB can in the burn?

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Here is the pack with full gear including canister. The bulge towrd the top is not the canister, it is below that.

burn with canister

The next pictures shows the canister in the pack. I believe it it important to stuff some thin gear in the front corners to keep it flat to your back.

inside burn

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Very cool, didn't think a canister of any size was possible in the Burn. It's a shame you have to stuff such a bulky and weighty item like a bear canister into such a great little pack. I love my Burn, it's still a surprise to me how much gear I can fit into it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools