Topic

Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Brutality, Beauty, and the Day I Could Have Died on the Continental Divide Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I've done a fair bit of splitboarding in this area but no backpacking. Let me tell you, the off-trail travel is MUCH easier in the snow. Nice to see some photos and read a description of the area in the summer though as it is on my list of places to hike.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Very entertaining…always nice to hear about others misfortune on the trail. ;)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> off-trail travel is MUCH easier in the snow.
    Yeah, we have a place like that too: huge scree field right where you want to go up or down a major gully. But on skis …

Cheers

Thomas Trebisky
    Spectator

@trebisky

Locale: Southern Arizona

I have heard of hordes of mosquitos, but this is the first time I have heard of anyone hoarding mosquitos!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools