Topic

BPL Absaroka 50% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals BPL Absaroka 50% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

If the pack is sold out ….

Maybe someone from BPL could give us now some updates about the future "ul" version ? ;-)

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

First, to clear up any confusion as to the terms of our sale (that is now over). Given that this was entitled the "Gambler's Sale" we intentionally left some guesswork up to the customer but we did put the terms in print for all those who wished to hunt it down. Before the sale started I placed the following statement on our Sale Terms and Conditions page, "We will reduce the price of these packs 10% everyday through Tuesday, March 8th." That meant the lowest price we were going to offer was 70%. I also stated that the sale would only be good on remaining inventory.

Anyone who placed an order for a backpack at whatever price entered into an agreement with Backpacking Light to make that purchase at the price they agreed to when they submitted the order. Nowhere did Backpacking Light make any claim that we would continue dropping the price indefinitely. Once again we intentionally left the wording of the sale remain elusive to bolster the gambling element but did cover our bases in the fine print. Anyone who feels wronged may contact our staff via our customer support forum and a refund minus any shipping costs will be awarded.

I expect to receive a number of these backpacks back to us as returns. At that time I will determine the best way to re-sell them. I will more than likely not sell them at a 70% discount but will more than likely offer them at some discount.

No information is available at this time regarding the forthcoming Backpacking Light ultralight rucksack.

David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Hi Sam,

Please let me know if any size medium packs are up for a discounted resale. Thanks!

Jesse Sites
    BPL Member

@grasshopper0818

Sam,
    BPL did spell out how the game would be played and it was fun. I waited for another price drop that I felt was within by budget and hoped my size would be available, I was lucky. The next day I saw them at $65ish and was like wow, but my size was gone in seconds. I knew I would not be able to play the game when it dropped like this, so I did not gamble by waiting.

I can't believe BPL would take packs back and refund the money especially since it was spelled out so well. All i can say to this is wow.

The sale was fun for me and creative on BPLs part IMO. Waiting for pack to arrive any day now.

Jesse

Will Webster

@willweb

"I can't believe BPL would take packs back and refund the money especially since it was spelled out so well."

Same here. Under what conditions will BPL accept a return on an "all sales are final" transaction?

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools