Topic

The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Gabe Joyes

@gabe_joyes

Locale: Lander, WY

Top notch as always, thanks for sharing.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Good stuff. Keep sharing your travelogues.

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

I just got back a few weeks ago. You're right, it's a beautiful trekking area that's perfect for all types of people to share. Very accessible, at least in the parts I was in. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to check out the trails outside the loop. I didn't make it to Piedras Blancas and Lago Toro, darn, but thanks for the photos.

And like you, I didn't feel it was crowded on the trails, despite the people you see in camp and know are in town (full hostels but quiet streets).

I was really lucky with the weather.

Your first picture of the Tarptent DB w/Kristin, was that at the Piedmas Campsite? (I think that's the name, close to Lagunas de la Tres) I think I camped in that exact same spot.

Did you find El Chalten got brutally windy after 5 pm? I camped in town a couple of nights and was right in thinking the sites inside the park would have been better sheltered.

Thanks for the trip reports and, as stated above, keep 'em coming.

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

That rock surfing photo makes me a little faint just looking at it. Badass!

Kevin Kingma
    BPL Member

@mrkingma

Brings back good memories. I also recall some very intelligent and acrobatic mice at the campspots. At night they seemed to enjoy using my tent as a trampoline among other entertaining stunts. Are they still there?

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Beautiful photos…you've just made many, many people jealous.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools