Topic

Backcountry Boiler by Boilerwerks now available for pre-sale in the Gear Shop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info Backcountry Boiler by Boilerwerks now available for pre-sale in the Gear Shop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The Backcountry Boiler and Backpacking Light
    The Backpacking Light community forums have proven to be a place of great cooperation amongst the make-your-own-gear crowd (MYOG). Devin Montgomery introduced the idea behind an ultralight version of a chimney kettle originally called the Montgomery Kettle wood stove. He successfully designed and prototyped a spectacular version of this stove with the help of ultralight backpacking community commentary and criticism. The history of this conversation can be found in the community forum threads entitled Ultralight Kelly / Storm / Volcano Kettle. Devin's stove, the Backcountry Boiler, has come to fruition to you the enlightened backpacking enthusiast.

Dewey Huston

@ottodude

Hi! I'm not real computer smart. I ordered (pre ordered) a backcountry boiler a few weeks ago. Now I've read about the first 50 and all sold out, the first production run, ect. So does anyone know if I'm in for a long wait. Are they just takin orders(and money)and then making more boilers. I just would like to know. I can't seem to find if all the 100 are gone or where I stand in the count. Thanks

Dewey Huston

@ottodude

Nevermind! The owner,Devin, got my confusion cleared up. It will be in my M&M stained, bacon smellin, Mountainhouse Mac&Cheese lovin hands soon!!!

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Hi Dewey,

Glad I could help! And you're making me trail hungry. :)

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Hi All,

Because I've gotten some questions, I also wanted to clear up something about when exactly the direct ordered vs. BPL ordered Boilers will ship.

The answer is that they will all leave my house at approximately the same time (+- a day), which should be in just a few days now. BPL will receive them in bulk and then ship them off to those who ordered them here. Those who ordered them directly will receive them as soon as the postman makes it from my house to theirs.

The other thing I wanted to note is that those Boilers available through BPL didn't cause the mfg delay. They were included in the math for the timelines the mfg and I agreed to (and I passed on on my website) from the get-go. That timeline just wasn't met.

The final thing that I know has been causing some confusion is the production sample that has been loaned out here and there. It was the one (there was only one) I received from the mfg a while ago, and I figured it would be put to better use out in the field than collecting dust in my apt. But it's just a loaner, and not nearly as pretty as the ones that everyone will get to keep in the very near future.

I hope that clears things up, and I want to reiterate how appreciative I am of the support everyone has provided. As I just told someone who messaged me, I see it as my obligation to repay that support through fair dealings, and I have done my best to do that.

Please don't hesitate to PM me here or send me an email at devin[at]theboilerwerks.com if you have any questions.

Best,
    Devin

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

An update for those who have pre-ordered the Boilerwerks Boiler from us. We are expecting to begin shipping these items on Monday, March 14th, 2011. Orders will be packaged and shipped with those who ordered express shipping first, followed by all other orders with those who ordered first being first shipped. I expect the whole process to take less than two days so all orders should be mailed within two business days of us receiving the product from Boilerwerks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Seen it! Awesome. Nice job Devin.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Dear Backpacking Light Customers,

Just a quick heads-up on the Boilerwerks Backcountry Boilers. I had expected the stoves to arrive today (March 16th) but in following their progress via the shipping tracking number they are still on a truck in the Midwest. They are scheduled to arrive at our offices in Bozeman, MT tomorrow, March 17th. Barring any un-forseen issues I expect to have all stoves packaged and shipped by Friday afternoon, March 18th.

Cheers,
    Sam Haraldson
    Gear Shop Manager
    Backpacking Light

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools