Topic

Snoqualmie Pass PCT 3 days

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Snoqualmie Pass PCT 3 days

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Darian Davis

@lightracer

Locale: Northwest

This is a brief 3 day trip along the PCT starting at Snoqualmie Pass and heading north that my brother and I took in late September of 2010. This is only a sampling (<10%) of the photos we took. After a somewhat late start waiting for news from my work about who was getting laid off and shuttling a vehicle to Tenanaway Campground on the other side of the pass we finally starting hiking at 11am.
    The morning started off drizzly (okay big shock for you other western WA folks, but slowly started to imporve but remained cloudy. First objective was scrambling up Kendall Peak, which I was not able to do 3 weeks early with my son due to a storm.Heading up Kendall Peak with a base weight of 11.5lbsKendall SummitKendall Catwalk (Not that impressed considering everything I've heard)Looking east into Gold Creek headwatersCamp 1 above Alaska Lake (couldn't find any good spots)Day 2 greeted us with brilliant sun and 70 degrees.Day 2 Camp, Spectacle Lakesrc="/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1297114256_36992.jpg" alt="Climbing Chikamin Peak (Brother carrying about 30lbs making a hard scramble)" width="550" height="413">Hiking out on the PCT in the rain 17 miles to the car

Had to cut it short due to photos taking too long to upload. More to come…TBD
    Light Racer

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

Amazing landscape, Darian. Great photos! I can't believe this TR has gotten no love! I hope you decide to upload some more.

Brian Austin

@footeab

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ai… NO love because we aren't his wife. We really don't care about his mug shots. I am sure he is a great guy, buy we want to see the scenery not his smiling face at the scenery mug shots.

Besides I have done that trail and the pics he took don't come anywhere close to the actuality of it compared to same pics me and a million others have taken.

We really don't care about mug shots. We want trip reports of the scenery. The two footed scenery just isn't interesting unless you are his close friend or his wife.

Sorry, but know your audience.

Darian Davis

@lightracer

Locale: Northwest

Not that this was the first time I had attempted to post anything, and then multiple problems occurred which led to me losing numerous photos, text, and yes, including photos that were not meant for public viewing. Then I even contacted BPL to delete the post since I was immediately aware that it did not work out as planned, but to no avail.

Of course through all of this… did I ever expect a so-called, self-proclaimed, expert on what should be posted on a public website. More so, I didn't fully understand that my photos and content need to be of professional quality and previously approved by "Brian". I guess I'll know better next time.

Nice to see we have someone like yourself respresenting the backpacking community.

Get a grip.

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

Darian, I couldn't have put it better. Do us all a favor and put more of those pics up!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Thanks for the report and pics Darian! I always appreciate seeing different parts of the country, especially those to which I haven't yet ventured!

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

brians not the photo-police Darian, lets see some more pics! Looks like a cool area

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Darian

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Darian,

Great trip, beautiful country you live in.

Thanks for putting yourself and your experience out there for others to see in a public forum- too bad a "fly" landed in your beer, there's always one isn't there?

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Darian –

That's the start of some of the finest terrain in all of Washington – between Snoqualmie Pass and the Canadian border, it's fantastic. It's funny, but most people never venture much beyond the Kendall Catwalk!

It's one of the few places you can leave a major artery (I-90) and within a few hours be pretty much alone….beautiful area.

Thanks for the pics and for sharing one of the many good spots in Washington.

Dirk

Brian Austin

@footeab

So, typical.

I answer, or anyone else answers, why some post is getting no love(bad post), IE why the 2nd guy posted to start with, and the OP takes offense. So typical. Horrors a little critique(the OP even said he picture loused up). You would think the world is coming to an end and everyone falls all over themselves patting the OP on the back instead of addressing the 2nd posters question…

Sigh, people.

Ever heard of striving to be better? If we didn't strive to be better and CRITIQUE products/posts, we would all still be carrying 8lb packs and 8lb tents around on our backs…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Ever heard of tact or manners?

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

Bryan,
    Have you never heard the old saying?

It is better to be thought a fool,
    Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?

Thanks for the Pics. I also enjoy seeing others in action.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Darian,

That's an area on my list!

Great scenery, and thank you for taking the time to share…

Todd

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Brian, sigh,
    the fact that your post got no love, should just make you strive to do better. Isn't that what critique is for?

; )

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

I don't mind pictures with the OP in them. Seeing what he is wearing and using is part of what this forum is about. Didn't really need the close-up mug shots, but I certainly don't care and am not going to whine about them.

Probably didn't get a lot of initial responses because it was incomplete.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools