Topic

Scottish backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Scottish backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

Evening (well it is for me)

Some of you seem interested in trips in Scotland – who can blame you :-)

So, for a great resource take a look at Scottish Hills….

A few of my trip reports here:

http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7951

http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8090

http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8182

…..and very many more on the site…lots of planning potential… :-)

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Ed,

Great write ups. Your country is beautiful, the Crianlarich photograph set was particularly enjoyable to view and read, your cleverness with your words is infectious.

Take care of your patellas romping through those hills…ouch!

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Eugene – what kind words :-)

Best be careful though…it is not my country, I am a sassenach and live 30 miles from the border….

….does not stop me raiding though!

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

I had an inkling of a suspicion that I was going to put my foot in my mouth on that one! To my defense, from your photographs, you appear right at home on the peaks of Scotland.

Commence the raiding!

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Nice.

I was in New Mexico for the first time over Xmas – some nice country that looks well-worth exploring; when one is taking a break from raiding the clans that is..

Some very interesting weather about a bit further Nth from you over that period.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

We have fairly mild weather typically, besides the conditioning required for heat, we are fortunate to bask in clear skies and hot temperatures for a majority of the year. We realistically experience 3-seasons whereas northern New Mexico gets a solid 4 seasons.

I know the inclement weather you speak of, it blew through before the New Year. I posted up a trip report here recently, we were blessed with gusty winds, frigid temps and precipitation… all very uncharacteristic.

John Topping
    BPL Member

@johnt

Locale: Peak District

Ed,
    Great shots and reports. My favourite; the view over the bottom end of Ericht to Rannoch.

It also appears that I am following in your footsteps with the GR54. Great shots and interesting having the perspective of someone doing the trip in the other direction!

John

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

I miss them, last time was south CWT in 2009, i was too late by one month for this year tgo, so i already programmed an alert for next year :)

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Cheers – I've got a few muli-day backpacks planned for Scotland this Spring.

The GR54 is great John; if you have any questions or want to borrow any guides or maps let me know.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Ed,
    Great photos and trip reports. I do enjoy the Scottish TR's and appreciate you sharing. Keep them coming.
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools