Topic

Anyone received their Backpacker Magazine yet?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Anyone received their Backpacker Magazine yet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I am curious if anyone that subscribed a while ago, during that deal with the promo code, has received their first issue yet. I remember reading that it would take six to eight weeks, but I think it has been at least that long..

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

I didnt order during the promo time but my first issue didnt come for like 10 weeks.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

I think they only publish 9 issues a year. So after your subscription was processed you may have fallen in one of the longer lulls between issues.

garry pollard

@pollardg

Locale: SF east bay

i signed up and just got a copy about 3 weeks ago. I signed up in late august

Tom Coffey
    BPL Member

@tjc4golf

I haven't but I ordered in mid November. The confirm email I received says "Your order will arrive in 8-14 weeks."

Even if they only publish 9 issues a year, why it would take 8-14 weeks to activate the subscription and send the first issue I cannot comprehend. Can't complain too much though as I paid less than $6 :)

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

I picked up a 2-year sub around those prices earlier in 2010 and it took a while to get the first issue, but they did come (sorry, can't remember exactly how long). I can say that I haven't seen one in a while. The last issue was the January 2011 which I received late November/early December so you are probably in one of those gaps in publishing. I would think you should see the February issue if they have one given your purchase time frame. HTH

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think you're out much, that magazine has gone way downhill in the last 3 years. There are still interesting articles, but most are extremely floozy.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

yup- my first issue (ordered in Aug) was the "January 2011" issue which came out in mid-late November- haven't seen one since, but am expecting another issue soon

Chad Helmke
    BPL Member

@the-gear-recycler

Locale: High Rockies

I ordered when the dude posted the super cheap subscription link and just got the Jan issue yesterday and the March issue today. Be patient grasshopper…For that price, it can be a pretty crappy mag and still be worth it if you find info on a sweet hike!

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

Henry Blake
    BPL Member

@dragon

Locale: Minnesota

My March 2011 issue arrived in the mail yesterday (Thursday, 1-6-11) in the Minneapolis area, MN.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

they have pretty pictures…
    actually, they do have some good trail lists.

Claudia Garren
    Spectator

@spirit4earth

Locale: North Carolina

Call them and tell them you haven't gotten an issue yet. They will send you one.

Mike Spain
    Spectator

@maspain

Locale: Georgia

I went back and ckecked my sub the other day. It said first issue should arrive in Feb. I ordered it in late Oct or early Nov. Hope to see it soon.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

… and got my first issue last Friday.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

I am a subscriber and live in SoCal. Was wondering when it'd finally get here.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

Backpacker Magazine is good source of information if your like me and want to be a hip consumer, popular and attractive to the opposite sex.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I got mine about 2 weeks ago…

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I ordered late summer and I've received a couple issues. It is a bagain basement service, but they have come through for two rounds of subscriptions. A year's worth for the same price as one issue on the news stand gets me over the weak content.

It strikes me the way Popular Photography does, giving a little entertainment and dropping a jewel now and then. I get more enjoyment from Outside mag, and even that is kind of like a superhero comic book for outdoor adventures.

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

Please advise status of my 2-yr subscription which you rec'd payment for on:
    11/10/10 TANGA.COM GILBERT AZ $ 5.98……

TangaCool, Feb-14 15:36 (PST):
    I am sorry to inform you that these orders have been rejected by the publisher. We are issuing full refunds at this time.
    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Tanga Cool

Scott Lehr

@lehrscott4

Locale: Louisville - KY

I must be the exception to the rule, ive always recieved mine promptly, when renewing and starting new subsciptions. Id say never more than 3 or 4 weeks.

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

Add me to the list…? I'm still waiting for March, too, Scott.

James S

@hikinnc

I haven't received mine yet, and as a matter of fact – neither has Backpacker Magazine. They haven't received the order for my subscription yet. I'll be contacting that site tomorrow.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

Just received from Tanga:

Hi there,

You are receiving this email because you ordered a subscription to
    Backpacker Magazine from Tanga.com last November

We have received word from the publisher that these orders were delayed
    but it has now been processed and you’ll be receiving your first issue in 4-8

We apologize for this delay. Please let us know if you have any
    questions regarding your order.
    (Please have your order number ready)

Thank you for your time and we hope you will enjoy your magazine!

Dustin LaClair

@adkdustin

Hi there,
    You are receiving this email because you ordered a subscription to
    Backpacker Magazine from Tanga.com last November
    We have received word from the publisher that these orders were delayed
    but it has now been processed and you’ll be receiving your first issue in 4-8
    We apologize for this delay. Please let us know if you have any
    questions regarding your order.
    (Please have your order number ready)
    Thank you for your time and we hope you will enjoy your magazine!

This is what I just recieved; literally as I was reading this thread and then going to my email to check out my confirmation email. It's a little disappointing as this was a gift subscription.

I wonder what's going on; they tell one person they're not getting in and another that they are. Maybe they were different deals.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools