Topic

Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Cat Jasins
    BPL Member

@catjasins

Len Glassner
    BPL Member

@lsglass

Locale: San Diego

Hi,

Isn’t the correct weight 6.8 oz. per pole, not 6.2? The Leki site lists the weight as 13.6 oz/pair.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

6.2 = w/o trekking baskets

6.8 = with(???) or w/o(???) baskets???

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hello all,

The correct weight without baskets is 6.2 ounces as measured on my scientific scale and replicated by the reviewer.

6.8 is the manufacturer claim and may include baskets- I’m not sure. The reason we meausure without baskets is the variability of baskets that are provided with trekking poles.

Hope that clears things up!

Doug Johnson

Len Glassner
    BPL Member

@lsglass

Locale: San Diego

Doug, thanks.

George Held

@hiker-2-2

Does Leki offer a lifetime warranty on its Carbon Ergometric Trekking Poles? The review first says that Leki offers a lifetime warranty against shaft breakage, so your investment is covered if breakage should occur. However, the review also states that Leki only offers a one year warranty on their carbon fiber trekking poles. I am confused.

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

George,
    When I bought mine (this spring) the paperwork that came with them clearly stated that the carbon poles have a one year warranty. All other Leki poles are warrantied for life.

Sam

George Held

@hiker-2-2

Thank you, Sam, for taking the time to answer my question about the warranty on the Leki carbon poles. Have your poles worked well?

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

George,
    I love mine. They're very light and have a good grip. My adjustments haven't ever slipped…yet. A little salty at nearly $200 but really nice poles.

Sam

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

At the time we did the review there was conflicting information on the warranty, which wasn't yet cleared up at publishing time.

At least in the US, the shaft breakage warranty is stated as one year:

http://www.leki.com/html/trek_ultralite_main.asp

I'll note that this year, one of my joint locks came unglued from the shaft, and LEKI USA sent me a free replacement pole section after I called their consumer line. Their customer service is very responsive.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools