Topic

Singer 347 Help!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Singer 347 Help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Fleming

@giganticmermaid

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains

Hey everybody. I'm a long time lurker but this is my first post. First off, just want to thank you awesome people for providing me with so much info and getting my pack down to a very comfortable weight compared to the 40lbs of my old pack.

But anyways, the reason I am posting is because I finally got my hands on a sewing machine! My grandma gave me her old Singer 347. Well, this is the first time I've ever laid my hands on a sewing machine, and I have no idea how to thread the dang thing! Does anyone have the PDF file of the manual that they can email to me or anything? I would love to start practicing so I can hopefully make a few small pieces of gear for my 2011 AT hike, thanks!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Google the vintage Singer Yahoo group. Most models have manuals in their archives. A good group of people. Very helpful.

Michael Fleming

@giganticmermaid

Awesome, didn't know about that. Just sent a request to join the group. Thanks

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> My grandma gave me her old Singer 347.
    Have you thought of asking Grandma for lessons? I bet she would be thrilled.

Cheers

Michael Fleming

@giganticmermaid

Ha, well she lives pretty far away and was only here for the holidays. But anyways, I figured it out and already sewed some cheap material together and whatnot, seems really simple. Can't wait to start on some stuff sacks :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools