Topic

Montbell on Sale 20% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montbell on Sale 20% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

Mike, thanks for reporting about which version (2009 or 2010) you got. I'm glad the version they're selling is the 2010 model as the drawstring is worth the 1.5 extra ounces to me.

I just bought the alpine light parka yesterday, kind of wishing I'd bought the most recent model, and then stumbled across this post telling me I actually ordered what I wanted and it's on the way!

I'm replacing a nano puff pullover with this, and am very much looking forward to being toasty warm instead of shivering during shoulder season backpacking trips and the occasional mountain climb. In October, I climbed Mt Adams in Washington with only an R1 hoody, a nano puff, and my paclite shell, and while it was enough insulation to get me through the overnight on snow at elevation, it certainly wasn't comfortable. This should fix that.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

^ good deal :) I think as someone else may have pointed out, the "new" model might have a little additional length as well- again for 1.5 oz- welcomed feature too

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

Thought I'd give a sizing / thoughts update for anyone thinking of buying the Alpine Light parka.

I'm 6' tall, 190 lbs wiith a 42" chest. Having read everything about the need to size up with Montbell stuff, I ordered the large. While it fits well enough to keep, it's definitely large enough for a belay jacket, easily fitting over my R1, nano puff, and paclite shell. It's plenty long on me, with sleeves long enough to pull my hands inside. It's also rather handsome as far as down jackets go, but I really hate the excessive quilting on most down sweaters.

It weighs 15.90oz on my scale with the included stuff sack in size large.

All told, a really excellent deal for $139 from Prolite.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

^ I'm also 6' 190 #, 42 :) exactly the same thoughts I had for sizing, glad I didn't size up or it would have been too large

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools