Topic

Please – help me with my gear list purchase.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Please – help me with my gear list purchase.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I believe Bender (the guy behind Kookabay) is away on a trip right now. I think it was a ~3 week trip and he should be back soon. I'm not certain on the details though.

Lawrence Destefano

@resigned

Locale: Subtropical Wetlands in SE Sunbelt

Thanks Dan. That definitely explains the unresponsive emails.

It really doesn't matter though. Believe me, if the owner didn't feel it necessary to inform its customers that Kooka would be down for whatever length of time, then it certainly doesn't care, one way or the other, if it loses potetial customers and orders.

I'll be ordering 3 Expeds tomorrow afternoon.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

Bender has been responsive to all my emails in the past 2 weeks within 4 hours. The longest response was 4 hours, the shortest was 5 minutes.

I do not know if he is out of town, but he has been responding to my emails. Are you using the website contact form?

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

it might be hooked up to a smart phone and that is why he is answering quickly. That is cool! Has anyone tried their sleeping pad and pillow. I am leaning to buying both of those

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Lawrence, scratch the liner..that is more for winter sleeping. Just have a change of clothes. I own three Western Mountaineering bags and if you take care of them they will last a long time. Quality bags made in San Jose!
    More or less, their ratings are pretty conservative. I have never been cold in any of my bags

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Ken,

I've got two of his early pillows. I kept the lighter of the two and use it as the bladder for the "not-so-light" Walmart inflatable pillow. The one with a thin piece of memory foam. It's the most comfortable pillow set up I've used. I use it in conjunction with a NeoAir.

Works great.

Lawrence Destefano

@resigned

I'm surprised to hear that.

Yes, I have used the Kooka Bay "Contact Us – Send us questions, comments, or suggestions using this form" on each occasion.

At this point I don't know what to do. I guess I'll send one more email via the Kooka Bay website contact form and wait a couple more days for a response. Thanks for the heads up Rob.

Lawrence Destefano

@resigned

Okay Ken – I was getting ready to order liners for all 3 WM bags, but if you say it's unnecessary I'll scratch 'em. I just thought everyone used the liners to keep their bags soil free from body oils and sweat. You know, like from the hands, feet, face, and hair. I guess I'm just being anal.

Lawrence Destefano

@resigned

Based on Rob's post I've given Kooka Bay the benefit of the doubt and sent one last message as follows:

"I mentioned on BPL that I decided to purchase 3 Expeds because all my messages to you have gone unanswered. A fellow member (Rob H) responded they had no problem communicating with you, which is why I'm making one last attempt to contact you. It would surprise me to hear that you haven't received any of my prior messages but it could be, so here goes…

I'm interested in purchasing 3 of your Rectangular Ultra Light Sleeping Pads but would like to add some custom features – one of them being some type of "Dock It & Lock It" system. That's where 2 pads are aligned side-by-side (Dock It), and either through lash points, Quick Release buckles, Velcro, or whatever, one can bind them together (Lock It) so that a single pad can be turned into a solid secure double pad. The key being that when it's all said and done one would actually think the pads where sewn together.

I'll take my business elsewhere If I don't here from you by the end of today. Thank you."

I honestly don't know why I'm doing this.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

I think that is very fair. I do not blame you for doing that, I just wanted to let you know that it is possible there was some sort of hiccup, as I was communicating with him.

I have exchanged 12 or so emails with him between the 1st and the 5th or 6th.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools