Topic

Adding Down to a WM Summerlite Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Adding Down to a WM Summerlite Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy Anderson
    BPL Member

@ianders

Locale: Southeast

Anybody know someone who will add a few ounces of down to a Western Mountaineering Summerlite Bag? Are there any problems with adding down to a bag? Is this a bad idea?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Have you thought of asking WM to do it?

Ken Nguyen
    BPL Member

@ninjapuppet

Locale: B-Town

Hermits Hut can add a free overfill to many WM bags, but they told me the summerlite wont have enough room for overfill without down leakage.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

There's plenty of room for more down in a Summerlite. However, it's not a bag that WM has an overfill for… and they seem to be quite hesitant to do.

Not a problem adding the down, shoot, relatively easy to do on your own. Just un-stitch a zipper, add your down, and sew it back up. If the thought makes you uncomfortable, there might be some people on the site willing to undertake the (paid) project for you. I don't know if Tim Marshall of enlightenedequipment.com would do something like this or not; I think he's been busy just making his quilts, but maybe? Best thing to do is probably just make a forum post requesting someome to do the modification for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools