Topic

How’s your Fall weather?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion How’s your Fall weather?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I can't wait for some cooler weather. High here today was 111F (44C).

Douglas Raymond

@dougr320

Locale: Indy

Temps finally down to the mid 80s here in Louisiana, hopefully it lasts.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Nick. Just come north. Been beautiful here. Highs around 70, lows around 40.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Mid week last week we got soaked with about 3" of rain. Not complaining though, 70 miles south of here is a large area that received 7-11 inches!

Been dry since with low temps in the 40's and highs in the 60's. Fall colors are coming on strong.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Warm days (low-mid 80's) and cool evenings (58-62F), not a cloud in the sky and a beautiful high desert sun making the most out of the shorter days. I was up in the Sandia Mountains for a trail race this weekend in Albuquerque, it was sunny and cool (50's-60's) with the Aspen turning color, absolutely beautiful. I couldn't imagine being in 111F heat right now, even for a desert dweller like myself. I'm sending positive cool weather thoughts your way Nick cause that just doesn't sound pleasant…

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Weather was great two weeks ago for a short trip in the Desolation Wilderness. Started warming up again and expecting to break some records today at 92, ugh!

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

You can have some of our cool air. 53*F and starting to rain right now…I was in Vegas again last week, loved every minute of it! :)

Tyeen Taylor

@tymaz

Locale: Alaska

I saw a few flakes falling last night here in fairbanks. Much love…

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Uhhhh….Fall?…..uhhhhh…..

I did some big miles and elevation this weekend, as well as some tri training (bike/run brick)….

….105 degrees….!

It's Monday morning and I'm still trying to get my pee back to something that doesn't resemble weak coffee.

Joseph Reeves
    Spectator

@umnak

Locale: Southeast Alaska

Southeast Alaska

We had 12 days of no rain in September — a new record besting the one set in 1973 — then the high went away and we got this for the weekend…

Fall Weather

Though it didn't stop us from being in the forest.

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

Since late June we've had 67 days with temps above 90-F. Set another record. Joy. Our garden is a wreck, and our flower beds look like, well, I just can't talk about it.

Finally got some rain yesterday after 3 dry weeks. With any luck we'll keep the cooler weather that came in with the rain.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Finally dropping into the upper 80s – low 90s.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

After a brief and pleasant flirtation with fall we're back to full-on summer, only the days are shorter. 100+ and smoggy predicted for the next two days, then a plunge to the low-90s by week's end.

OTOH it's nice in the mountains (outside the deer huntin' zones). Summer gear was plenty warm last weekend and people were scarce. Quite a nighttime show, between the visible planets and fall moon.

Cheers,

Rick

Stephen Owens
    BPL Member

@walknhigh

Locale: White Mtns, AZ

At 7000' in Arizona you'll find frost in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. The aspens on the flanks of Escudilla mountain started changing colors last week. Can't beat the weather in the high southwest. But I am partial.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools