Topic

Very Short Overnight On The PCT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Very Short Overnight On The PCT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

I had some time off from work, so i loaded up my pack and the dog and i hit the trail this weekend. We started from the PCT trail head at McKenzie pass and hiked South to North Matthieu Lake. The weather was great, no bugs and more stars that night than i could count. I recommend this as a nice short hike if you have limited time to get out.

Three SistersPCT Trail MarkerBennie--trail name: "SHERPA"North Matthieu Lake TH"Matt" lake:)Modded Hex 3Bigfoot and SherpaSunsetSunsetSunsetSunsetSouth Sister viewed from the lake.Custom Tim Marshall/Bigfoot designed dog quilt.On the way back.In front of South Sister....

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Very nice……I keep trying to put together a trip in Oregon with my Seattle brother, so the Oregon trip reports are very useful…..

David Ure

@familyguy

Great pics Matt – the pics of your furry friend brings back fond memories of my dog. Thanks,

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Looks great! Did you see anyone else?

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I looked at the pictures first and exclaimed, "That's Bigfoot and Bennie!" Sure enough! Nice to see you out there!

(I'm OregonMouse on the other lightweight backpacking site)

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

"I looked at the pictures first and exclaimed, "That's Bigfoot and Bennie!" Sure enough! Nice to see you out there!

(I'm OregonMouse on the other lightweight backpacking site)"

Glad you liked the pics, OM! I knew exactly who you were when i saw "HikinGranny". People, this lady is the REAL DEAL and can out hike anyone (her own age).

Jim Shaw was supposed to go on this hike but backed out at the last minute, so it was just me and Bennie.

I saw lots of day hikers, but no other backpackers.

BF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools