Topic

The G Spot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Could we consider renaming The G Spot forum to something else? I'd prefer to leave my browser window open to this forum all day at work, but I often have people collaborating with me at my desk. In the Windows taskbar, the only thing people see is a browser window named "The G Spot". I don't want people to think I spend a disproportionate amount of time reading about female anatomy and sexual technique at work. :)

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

+1

Patrick Wenk

@patrick-wenk

Locale: Socal

Ha ha, I have to agree, this idea and getting rid of animated avatars cross my mind multiple times a day while sitting at work!

David Ure

@familyguy

Uh…shouldn't you be working?

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

At least you're reading up about it! A lot of guys try to wing it and end up buying way too much equipment! (">v<")/"

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

the name, while funny… needs to be changed… my boss probably would freak out if he saw that.

Dave T

@davet

Yes, this has been discussed before. I'm not sure if it's lack of forum support (which there is plenty of lack of), or because someone a long time ago thought it was "clever" (Ryan?), but I agree that this should be changed. I mean, you can't say "Poop" on the forums, but you can hang out on the G Spot? Especially since BPL comes from a boy scouts kinda background, and is supposed to be "minor friendly" (as Caffin occasionally interjects), this should be changed to the "Gear Spot."

Also, as previously discussed, some reorganization of the forums would greatly enhance the user experience IMO. But there's really no movement in this arena. Don't ask me why.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Well, they did reorganize the forums a bit a year or so ago, and added the wonderful "Recent Threads" feature. I believe there was discussion back then about the "G Spot" issue but that's evidently as far as it got. I'd also support some changes, including the revising stupid "profanity" filter which will not even let us use the correct scientific medical terms for things that do occasionally need to be discussed, such as for items of the anatomy that can get in the way of backpack straps…

Anonymous
    Inactive

"I mean, you can't say "Poop" on the forums, but you can hang out on the G Spot?"

Maybe if everyone spent a little more time hanging out on the "G Spot" we'd have fewer flame wars? ;}

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Ha ha David and Miguel!

No, of course I shouldn't be working while I'm reading about backpacking. Priorities, you know! ;)

Umm… yeah it's a backpacking site! Really! I just go there for the articles and forums! I swear!

Edit: I wonder if maybe a hacker changed the name to The G Spot and no one noticed or cared to change it back? :D

Dave T

@davet

See last comments on forum reorganization, from nearly 1.5 years ago. Little was done, outside the "Recent Threads" button (which is great).

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=18330

I still think some reorganization/cleanup of the forums would make for a better community experience (but I am not holding my breath).

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Maybe if everyone spent a little more time hanging out on the "G Spot" we'd have fewer flame wars? ;}"

Is the G Spot closer to the wrist, or nearer the palm? ;-)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Doug I was waiting to see if you were going to let that one go. You did not disappoint:)

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

My wife just about flipped the first time she saw it up. Then she died laughing at how nerdy we are.

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

Doug,
    Unfortunately for us men it is closer to our anal sphincter. (Maybe this is why so many of us are considered A-holes?)

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Doug I was waiting to see if you were going to let that one go. You did not disappoint:)"

+1 I was counting on it. ;-)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools