Topic

Hanging in Humboldt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hanging in Humboldt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I would like to put together a hammock campout here in Humboldt Redwood State Park now that it has finally stopped raining. Open to suggestions and dates. Plenty of various hikes to be done as well as room for tents and cars for those inclined. PM if interested. Thanks!

Jim Carr

@jcarr

Locale: Humboldt County

If you let tents in I'll be there!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

When are you thinking about doing this Ken?? Hopefully for the working inclined, it is on a weekend. My wife and I would love to come up to Jefferson and camp for a few nights

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Ken. Sometime within the next month or so. Of course on a weekend. Thinking Friday and Saturday nights. Will have to make a reservation, and see what is available. Jim. Are you familiar with the Baxter environmental sites near Albee Creek? Plenty of room to spread out with tents and hammocks. I am pretty flexible. What works for you guys?

Jim Carr

@jcarr

Locale: Humboldt County

Ken, I have walked through Baxter camp but that was all I did. I have hiked most of the trails in Humboldt Redwood Park and camped at Grasshopper Peak Trail camp. There are 2 other trail camps I have not been to yet Whiskey Flat and Bull Creek. Do you have a map of the park? If you want we could meet in Fortuna (I live in Loleta) and go over some options. Jim.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Jim. I do have a map of the park. Fortuna or Loleta are fine with me, since we each live in one or the other. I'll PM you my phone number and see what we can work out. I'm slammed at work until Friday afternoon.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Another busy season in the park. Available dates are far and few between. Looks like some time in mid July or August. Maximum occupants are 8 per site. I need to know ASAP to be able to reserve a spot or two.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools