Topic

Collapsible 20-25l daypack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Collapsible 20-25l daypack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

What about the Nemo Equipment Ditto:

http://www.nemoequipment.com/nemo2010-dittobackpack

May be a bit small, but under 7oz

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I've been doing this with my GoLite Peak. It's heavier than most of the packs here, but for your uses that isn't such a big deal. I leave out some bits- the foam pad in the back and hipbelt padding/pockets, which are worthless for weight transfer- and pack the bag into the zippered pocket. Roll it up and put a rubberband or some cord around it and it's a small loaf of bread, maybe 20 oz. Bigger than what you're looking for, but the compression system is pretty nice, made of Dyneema, somewhat ventilated, and comfy for folks with longer torsos.

I've considered the Mountain Hardwear Scrambler and Montbell Versalite, but never seen them in person. Look like OK options, though.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

FYI the new version of the Mountain Hardwear Scrambler can be lightened a bit. My 2009 was 18.7oz but that was with a corrugated plastic frame sheet and foam sheet. Taking out only the plastic sheet the pack is only 15.2 oz. I also cut a slit in the fabric between the inside of the pack and the foam sheet. Now I have a place for my 100 oz platypus.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools