Topic

John Muir Trail 2009

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports John Muir Trail 2009

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Yang

@kjyang

It only took me 8 months, but I finally finished my JMT journal. In it I mention how much BPL helped me in the planning process, and also running into 2 members of this website: Ryan Teale and Steve Thompson.

Here's the link:
    John Muir Trail Journal

It's a long read. Hope you all enjoy it.

Edit: Updated link.

Steve Thompson
    BPL Member

@stevet

Locale: Southwest

Kevin,
    Good to see you put the wraps on your trip report. I enjoyed the reading and recollection of the good time.

Any hikes planned with summer? Steve

Scott Bentz
    BPL Member

@scottbentz

Locale: Southern California

Kevin,

Funny, I also finally posted my trip report just about 2 weeks ago. It was not as nice as yours since i do not have a web hosting site for my pictures. It's down a ways on page 1 under JMT Thru Hike 2009. I started it after I got back but did not finish it until a few weeks ago.

I read each and every day of your trip reminiscing about ours. We did it in 14 days but we camped at some of the same places. Nice job.

Scott

Jennifer W
    BPL Member

@tothetrail

Locale: So. Cal.

Loved your trip report!

I especially liked the details about the resupply points, great work.

Thanks for posting.

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

Very nice trip report. Read every day.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Kevin,
    I enjoyed reading your trip report and seeing your photos. The JMT is on my short list!
    Tom

Kevin Yang

@kjyang

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Steve: I'll be doing the West Coast Trail in August. Good luck with your return to the JMT this summer.

Scott: I read and enjoyed your trip report. Doing it in 14 days is definitely hard and a big accomplishment, I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

Hey Kevin,

Glad to see the rest of your hike went well! The report is very nice. I've gotten through about half of it! I put up some photos on here if you want to take a look. Keep in touch.

Ryan

Rick Horne
    BPL Member

@rick778

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell

For the last couple of days I slowly read through your adventure. It was like a good book; soon after I went off to do something else, I wanted to get back and see what was next. The pictures and videos added a lot to the story. This is one hike I plan on doing someday when I can find the time. Very Inspiring!

Jason Picard

@jasonpicard

Really enjoyed your report! Especially liked the layout with each day getting its own page. Read it all over 2 days during my intermittent bits of free time. Hope to do this hike myself someday.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools