Topic

Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    B Cook
    Spectator

@lonestarstomp

Locale: North of Boquillas

Every trip I've taken in the past 3 years has involved 2-3 other people so I am always packing a Tarptent hogback which basically hogs one side of my pack but does help with quilt compression. After the tarptent is in, in goes a Hefty trash compactor bag as mentioned in another post. Into that goes my pad, quilt, pillow (yep), socks, long johns, etc. Push down, twist, and tuck the trunk, and the remainder of my stuff goes on top of that. The trash compactor bag is then used to air up our Klymit sleeping pads. I manage to put a hole in a trash compactor bag on occasion, but we have lots of pointy stuff out here in Texas and I tend to drift off trail on occasion just to see what might be over, under, and around things.

If space is more important I will stuff my quilt and clothing extras in a Zpacks dry bag… I think it to be the 'large cylinder'. It compresses and holds well.

Tim Skidmore
    Spectator

@timskidmore

Locale: Canadian Atlantic coast

and stuffed in with all the delicacy of a person… stuffing a too big sleeping bag into the bottom of a too small backpack as the coffee starts to kick into gear.

Allen C
    BPL Member

@acurrano

If you are carrying a bivy, leave the bag in the bivy and shove both into the bottom of the pack together. If you have a dry groundsheet you can stuff it on top/around the bag after the bag goes in. Or wrap the bag inside the groundsheet and then stuff the whole thing in the pack. Not 100% waterproof but probably good enough for most shorter trips in dry climates.

Sam Riggle
    Spectator

@samriggle

Locale: South East

I think that snakey thing looks pretty neat. Definitely not perfect for everyone but innovative none the less. Like snake skins for a hammock set up. Some people just like to crap on everyone's ideas. Anyway, pretty cool.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

"Some people just like to crap on everyone's ideas."

Sigh, John asked for feedback. You can't cherry pick only the positive. Plenty of good suggestions for improvement in this thread as well. Honesty is still the best policy. I do love the snakeskin on my hammock. I like the fact that they are waterproof too. Keeps things from getting wet in the pack. Keeps things clean when setting up also.

John Marie
    Spectator

@johnmarie

Agreed, not for everyone. Thank you for your post.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools