Topic

CA Yolla Bolly-Middle Eel Wilderness June 29-July 3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips CA Yolla Bolly-Middle Eel Wilderness June 29-July 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vineet Buch

@vineetbuch

I live in the SF Bay Area and am planning a 75-80 mile 4 or 5 day trip in the Yolla Bolly-Middle Eel Wilderness in Northern CA June 29-July 3, 2006. Currently soloing, but would love some company. This is a seldom-visited area with great wildlife, spectacular vistas and challenging trails. We will see almost everything in the wilderness. I plan very well, with routes mapped on my GPS and travel very light (total pack weight will be 15 lbs, since I carry little water.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Sounds interesting . What area are you thinking of hking in, and what trailhead do you think you will be using? I live in Fortuna close to SR36. If all else fails I may be able to help with transportation if you don’t wan to do a loop or out and back trip. Need company on the drive up, well what is Kenny Helwig doing that weekend?

Vineet Buch

@vineetbuch

I’m planning to start at the Stuart Gap trailhead (hence, close to Fortuna). Go south, then east and knock off the Ides Cove Loop, then back south to Salmon and Hammerhorn Mts (no mountaineering, though), then west on Soldier Ridge Trail and a couple of miles on Indian Dick Road to George’s Valley trailhead, Wrights Valley, Buck Ridge, Haynes’ Delight, Wrights Ridge, Frying Pan and back north to Stuart Gap. Haven’t mapped out the full route on my National Geographic Topo! map, but looks quite strenuous (5000′ climbing per day). Also not sure about trail conditions … any ideas? The Covelo Ranger station didn’t know much, will call the Platina Ranger station too.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

There’s a group of NorCal hikers you can post this to as well:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northca_hiking/

We have a lot of strong hikers in the group, and though it’s short notice for the trip, you might find some takers.

Regards,
    Steve

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I am heading to Yosemite this coming weekend for a 30 miler this weekend with the editor of Sierra Trails online mag. Would love to visit that area sometime though. I have not been that north in California in a long time. Beautiful area too. Wish I could go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools