Topic

clamcleats, cord locks etc

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear clamcleats, cord locks etc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dont Wantto

@longhiker

I'm new to the whole UL thing and even newer to MYOG and was wondering about sources for misc. objects for MYOG like:

clamcleats, cord locks, guy line tensioners, cords, buckles, various kinds of clips and binding devices etc..

The point is I don't know exactly what I want for my project but if I can browse a large selection of miscellanea, I'll get some ideas. Presently, I see a few objects on the random accessories page of Gossamer Gear and on ZPacks but there's got to be a better resource..

A single good source would be great since I can combine the items to save on shipping.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW
    Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

Since this is a lightweight backpacking forum, I would recommend against cord locks and tensioners in favor of knots like the taught line hitch and the tarbell hitch, both of which work very well and instructions for tying them are all over the internet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools