Topic

3 days lightweight Bushbuddy hiking in Vålådalen Swed, Swedenen

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 3 days lightweight Bushbuddy hiking in Vålådalen Swed, Swedenen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gustav Bostrom
    BPL Member

@gusbo

Locale: Scandinavia

I thought I'd post my trip report here to make some advertisement for the Swedish wilderness. Who knows , somebody from the BPL forum might pass through Stockholm and Vålådalen is an excellent place if you have a long weekend to spare.
    http://thebearablelightness.blogspot.com/2010/04/lightweight-solo-trip-to-valadalen.html
    If there is interest I might follow this up with an article on the gear.

On my blog you will also find some dedicated articles on the use of the Bushbuddy above the treeline in arctic surroundings.

Enjoy,
    Gustav

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Great report Gustav. I left a comment at your blog.

Gustav Bostrom
    BPL Member

@gusbo

I'm glad you liked it. I commented your comment.
    Happy hiking!

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Gustav,
    I've been to Stockholm a few times, and enjoyed touring the city. Now you've tempted me to make some extra days next time to explore the other beautiful parts of Sweden.

It's great to see other parts of the world on BPL.

Tom

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Loved your trip report and the photos with the great autumn color. I'll be adding your blog to my Google Reader list and am looking forward to your future reports.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

Pics are great as well as hearing of others' Bushbuddy experiences. I personally love finding fuel for the BB in various terrain/conditions. I've even been known to bring it for tea on the occasional dayhike.

Nicely done, I look forward to seeing more!

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

I am interested in potentially purchasing a Bushbuddy for myself, so I am going to have to go check out your blog.

Gustav Bostrom
    BPL Member

@gusbo

Glad to see some comments from fellow Bushbuddy users. I use my Bushbuddy almost every two weeks when going outdoors with the family. I also bring it just for coffee! On the blog I have some previous posts on fuel for the stove in the taiga (boreal forest) and above treeline. It would be great to hear what you are using as fuel.

The Bushbuddy is a bit expensive, but the joy it has given me is immense. I figure that by now It might even have paid for itself through reduced fuel costs.

William Johnson

@steamboat_willie

Very enjoyable – thank you for taking the time to share your words, and pictures.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools