Topic

JOHN MUIR TRAIL VIDEO – 7 Day Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports JOHN MUIR TRAIL VIDEO – 7 Day Trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Locale: Bay Area, California

Michael,

I took about 1,000 pictures and did not bring a tripod. The time needed to take a few extra shots was easier to manage than setting up the tripod. That was a little tricky at times. I had a lot of near perfect pictures that I had to throw out on account of a slight blur.

The moon shots came out much better than I expected.

FYI: I'm a big fan of far-reaching monopods. I can get interesting shots over cliffs, get closer to dangerous animals, and get more stable video.

Best,

Ryan

Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Is anyone going to being going North on the JMT on the section that climbs to Muir Pass anytime soon?

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

All of those miles, and you still ad time to take 1000 photos?!? Amazing!

Thanks for putting this together & sharing.

Robert Perkins
    Spectator

@rp3957

Locale: The Sierras

Ryan, I don't how soon you were thinking, but I will be leaving Whitney Portal August 9th with another fast-packer. We are shooting to finish in the 9 – 10 day range. I'm not sure what time frame you were after, or what you had in mind. LOVED the video by the way.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Ryan, I am starting on 8/28 from Tehipite Valley(Kings Canyon) heading north on the JMT ending at VVR on 9/5…104 miles in 6 days..Is there some data you need or info–I am here to help ya out- I always bring a camera with me and just got video IPOD…..We should be going over Muir Pass on day 3…

Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Jay,

I'm writing a paper on the section going north that includes the entire climb to the top of Muir Pass. If you have time, would you please take note of as much as you can remember and send over a summary.

Focused on terrain, tree-line, difficulty of each section, and river crossings.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ryan

Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Anyone know how soon the earliest trips are on the JMT?

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

check out out the gear list section. there is a guy doing the jmt+side peaks in June.. seems pretty early this year..

Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Thanks, that was helpful.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools