Topic

Pacerpoles and the Shangri La 3 question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pacerpoles and the Shangri La 3 question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

Hi,
    I converted to Pacerpoles recently, and was wondering if anyone else uses Pacerpoles and the Golite ShangriLa 3.
    I did a test pitch with the new poles, and here are the results, and I'm a little worried the tension on the fabric is too much, as the grip doesn't sit well in the apex of the shelter.
    Any thoughts or advice, or will it be fine?

Pacerpoles inside
    Pacerpole inside the apex reinforcement.

Outside tension

Tension on the shelter fabric- is this OK?

cheers,
    fred

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

What if you flipped the pole over and used a mushroom shaped cap like they use over exposed reinforcing steel(rebar)? Like this
    caps

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

I use pacer poles with a MLD Duomid, in the same way as in your photo, and I am quite happy with it as it provides sufficient tension, I have tried the other way with handles on the ground and have been less happy with the setup, especially when a pole jack is used.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I use Pacerpoles with my Shangri-La 2. The rubber tips are fitted over the carbide tips and sit in the pole cups with the handles on the ground.

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

Thanks for all the help, guys.
    I should say that I tie the two poles together, so one handle faces up in the apex, and the other is on the ground.
    When the wife comes with me I use her pole for the apex.
    I've got a Solomid coming for solo trips, so I'll have to see how these poles work in that shelter.
    cheers,
    fred

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools