Topic

Letters to the Editor

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Letters to the Editor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Holy crap! Thanks Addie!

There certainly is a "core" group here though, full of the regulars.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Thanks Addie. That's more than I thought.

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

Dear Ryan,

While reading your Monatauk Gnat Stove Review I noticed one glaring omission, there were no metric conversions. I know that BPL’s reader base is in the USA, the one and only developed country that does not use the metric system as its main measuring system, but there are many BPL members who like me, live outside of the USA and do not use the US measurement system.

I find the US system very confusing as the US fluid ounce/cup/gallon is different from the UK imperial fluid ounce/cup/gallon and often just the term ‘oz’ is used to mean both a fluid volume and mass.

I would like to request that the BPL editors insist that all articles be in both systems. With most articles like your stove review it would take very little extra work. I often stop reading BPL articles if they do not have metric conversions as I get tired of having to convert every measurement to metric.

I would like to congratulate Will Rietveld and Janet Reichl on their excellent series of articles on down sleeping bags and clothing and would like to give them extra congratulations on adding the metric conversions.

Tony Beasley

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools