Topic

REI’s dividends are online

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI’s dividends are online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

So if you add an item to your cart and log in, you can see your dividend without having to purchase anything.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

You can see it on your account page without adding something to the cart also. They got put up on the site Sun/Mon.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Huh, never really checked my account page!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

$4.10. yay… yawn…

Confirmation that I didn't really buy anything there at full retail price last year.

Michael Williams

@mlebwill

Locale: Colorado

and I got $80 – I have no idea how…

I do know that I bought a Gregory pack only to return it the same day – other than that, there is no way I spent enough to earn that large of a div…

Now I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. I wish they carried Mont-Bell or something useful.

jeff arnfield

@windward

Locale: NE Tennessee

Usually there's a 20% off coupon or other offer that takes
    effect around when the dividends are announced.

Not sure how I got a $130+ dividend… oh, wait. Yeah, now I remember. And with a few exceptions, most of it's good kit for me.

I too wish they had Montbell, but can find enough Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, etc there that I'll have no problem spending it.

I'm a swine and like to be comfy in summer, so for the right price and a bit of supplemental cash a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 or 2 could be in my future. Also could see having a Marmot Helium or even Pinnacle bag. Heck, I like the REI Flash 30 well enough that one might come home with me.

The Asheville NC store is having a garage sale this weekend… sounds like a Saturday AM venue I'll hit.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

$0.00 That makes two years in a row. It helps that the closest one is 3 hours away. I bought two canisters of fuel there last time..

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Michael,
    I got $72 back, and, like you, have NO idea where that came from. I DID NOT spend $720 at REI this year. I wonder if their return percentage was higher?

And, like you and Jeff, I also wish they carried Montbell….. I may cash that check and use the money with a store that carries Montbell sleeping bags.

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

Hey if anyone needs help spending theirs… there are those less fortunate

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Didn't they carry Montbell a while ago? I got a Climbalight (sp?) vest from the Seattle store in 2002. At least I think that's where it came from- Maybe I'm freaking out…

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

No, you are not freaking out. REI used to carry MB bags. The facts are a bit hazy to me so those who know feel free to chime in… but my understanding is that MB America declared bankruptcy back in 2002/03 and retrenched back to Japan. REI had a terrific sale of MB products to get rid of them — and never stocked them again, even today (bad blood?).

Anyway, the MB America of today represents MB Japan's second attempt here in the US. So far so good.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

i buy most of my REI stuff from them when its on sale or through the outlet store. so i only got $3 for my dividend.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I have the REI Visa credit card which adds even more dividends with the big purchases over the year..
    My co-op share was $181.00..I am ready to get my fix soon.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Hey, you could buy me that jacket I always wanted!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I could— But I think I will purchase my summer hiking food for the season and maybe some new backpacking clothes…Sorry T-Funk maybe next season.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

I'm holding you to that! :)

Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

$132.96

Sweet! :D I don't know how so don't ask. I didn't spend that much at REI… or did I?

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Anyone interested in selling me theres at a reasonable price. PM me. Thanks.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I got around $310, and I still can't figure out how that came to be. I mostly just buy my dehydrated meals there. Yeah, they're a bit pricey, sure. But not $3,000 worth. All my quilts/shelters/packs/most of my clothes came from elsewhere. A Steripen, a pair of VFFs, a bit of cycling gear, a couple pair of gloves. Can't think of anything else.

Methinks we'll all get a letter from REI asking us for money back when they discover some great error in their software!

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Doug,
    Did you really get $310 back? Or are you just being silly you?

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

Doug-

Do you have an REI credit card? We have about that much too,(300+) and all we bought there last year were socks.

No wonder my sock drawer is full.

Chad Roberts
    BPL Member

@carobe

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Wow, sounds like someone in Seattle crossed the streams.

(Which in a backpacking context takes on a whole new meaning.)

Justin Carter
    BPL Member

@orangebananas

Locale: San Francisco East Bay

$12.81, sounds about right.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I've been an REI member for so long that my member number is printed in Roman Numerals.

Why is it that the years when I didn't buy much, the dividend percentage was high, and the years when I bought a lot, the dividend percentage was low?

I still own the first REI purchase from 33 years ago, a wood-shaft ice axe.

–B.G.–

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Do you have an REI credit card?"

You know Dave, I don't. But now you've got me wondering if my identity was stolen and someone got an REI card in my name.

I think that's worth checking out. Time for a credit report. Thanks for the idea.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools