Topic

Phoenix, AZ–hiking suggestions???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Phoenix, AZ–hiking suggestions???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I'll be in Phoenix the end of April, and was thinking about doing some hiking that weekend. I might or might not have a rental car.

Any suggestions for something close?

Any BPL members available & interested (not making any commitment at this point)?

Thanks,
    Tom

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

Hi Tom. That time of year you can't go wrong with the Superstition Wilderness out here. It's right in my backyard, and with all the recent rain there's plenty of water and it will be beautiful at that time with all the wildflowers. Send me a PM when you firm up plans, if I can make it I'd be happy to join you. Are you looking to day hike or backpack?

Joslyn Bloodworth

@lynb87

Locale: Southwest US

The Superstition Wilderness is awesome! I spent a lot of my childhood camping there. An idea for a nice day hike would be going up South Mt. park. It is popular with locals and gives you a amazing view of the city. Also you're not far from several state wilderness areas and parks. I'd check out this website http://azstateparks.com for some more details on parks in the area. My favorite is Picacho Peak state park down an hr south but there are a lot to choose from. And don't forget you're no more than a few hours from the Grand Canyon!

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I'm heading out to Phoenix on Friday to catch up with Andy King, Angelo Pisano, & Mike Coulter.

That's what's great about BPL…I posted a request for trip info, and Andy was nice enough to offer to play host, and invite some folks along. I'm looking forward to great trip, fantastic desert weather at 5000', and good company!
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools