Topic

3 Season temp question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh J
    BPL Member

@uahiker

look at the yearly temp averages below for going between these 3 locations.  i’m thinking 40 degree would do it but wondering if i could get away with a 50 degree? just by bringing extra clothes or should i not worry about the extra 6-7ozs for the extra 10 degrees? considering extra clothes would probably weigh more right?

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Are you asking about quilt or sleeping bag temperature ratings? If so, the first location is the most important because it’s the coldest you have to deal with April – October (3 season-ish). Much depends on how warm you sleep and the myriad factors that affect your sleeping warmth. But for a do-it-all option for night time lows ranging between the upper 20’s and the 60’s, I’d choose a 20F quilt to target the lower end of those temperatures.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools