Topic

Source for Primaloft One?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source for Primaloft One?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Any beta on where a normal guy can buy some? (Now that Thru-hiker gave it up.) It's great in my jacket and would make a nice light and compact summer quilt.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Quest outfitters http://www.questoutfitters.com/insulations.htm#PRIMALOFT

That's Primaloft Sport … a pretty good synthetic, almost as good a clo per oz as Primaloft One but not as compressible.

Seattle Fabrics lists Primaloft One for sale.

Note: Primaloft One needs to be quilted with fabric (or scrim) on each side … about every 6 inches. Primaloft Sport must be quilted to fabric on just one side and only when the piece is larger than 24"x24".

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Can't believe I didn't look at Seattle, just ordered some ballistics from them the other week.

It's interesting, my P-One DAS parka has so much less quilting than the Nanopuff, I wonder how much quilting is actually necessary. I reckon I'll find out.

Nick K
    BPL Member

@nkline

Locale: Northeast U.S.

Unfortunately, Seattle Fabrics has PrimaLoft One on back-order for another 3-4 weeks from today – that puts three of my MYOG projects on hold.

Why is it so difficult to find more then one supplier of PrimaLoft One???

*grumble*

Nick

Timo Anttalainen

@timoa

Locale: Finland, Espoo

extremtextil.de

Nick K
    BPL Member

@nkline

Locale: Northeast U.S.

Thank you for the link, Timo. I should have mentioned that I am searching for a U.S. supplier so that I can avoid international shipping costs. I wish we had an extremtextil.de supplier in the U.S. :(

Nigel Parrish
    BPL Member

@nigelp

Can Primaloft one be quilted to one piece of fabric if the scrim is left in place? Thinking that the top layer would then retain water resistance with the stitching/quilting holes on the inside layer.

Thanks Nigel

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Rocky woods has primaloft one and you don't have to pay the crazy shipping and waiting time with seattle fabric by using rocky woods.
    http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Kits/PrimaLoft-Insulation

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Hi,

I just talked to Bill at Rockywoods.com and they have Primaloft One, 3 ounce with scrim on one side in stock. They don't have any of the 1.8 ounce. He also said he was told by the makers of PR-1 that their was none in the US and he doesn't expect to see any till about fall.

What weight are you looking for?

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

Thanks for that insight Bill. Looks like I will be doing something else for a summer quilt this year. That 1.8 just seems like the best option. Hard to understand manufacturers not keeping their suppliers shelves stocked.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

deleted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools