Topic

More New BPL Products for 2010

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info More New BPL Products for 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Smith
    BPL Member

@wrongturn

Locale: The Soda

Could we get a general idea of what is still going to come out this year?

I see BPL Tenkara Hanes are due for restock, any chance the whispers about the UL tenkara bamboo box kit coming out at the same time might be true?

Can we expect the new 475 trapper mug and 900 pots sometime this fall?

The quilts and fabric items I can see how they can keep getting bumped, but the hard items like these I'm interested in their intended release timelines. The fall trout fishing season here in VA is up last day of October, and then we start fishing stocked waters until the spring. Many of those in this area are too large for Tenkara, so I'm hoping to see this kit sometime before then if possible.

Not pushing and I understand as a business owner that these things take time, just wondering whether we'll be seeing some of the hard items before the snow starts to fall.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Jacob,

The Tenkara rods are sitting right beside me but I'm still waiting on the line which I expect to receive very soon. The Fly Fishing Kits are nearly assembled and I have 99% of the items needed for them right here in the office as well.

Titanium is a little less clear so I hate to say "soon", but I do expect it to be finalized in Sept./Oct.

In terms of the Cocoon Hoody and Pants, our 240 Quilt, and the latest Vapr Bivy – if we don't get bumped again (which I feel more confident about this time) pre-sale dates should be end of Sept. with shipping in October.

jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

Thanks for the updates.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

are we going to get to see the hoody before pre-sales? and is the pricing getting updates anytime soon on the cocoon, quilt and bivy?

Jacob Smith
    BPL Member

@wrongturn

Locale: The Soda

Thanks for the update Sam. I'm surprised that Tenkara USA canceled the whitewater color for their furled line, and it seems like everyone is short on stock of the green line at this time. I'm excited to see the Bamboo box, and hope I'm online when they go up so that I can get one.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

No prices available for anything yet, sorry. The Hoody info will be available soon as well, yes.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Any more news on the fly fishing kits?

Thanks.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Fly fishing kit parts are all in but some assembly is still necessary. Should be close to launch.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

What about those good down between-the-toe warmers?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Are you referring to the Little Hotties products? If so, we discontinued that product some months ago.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

I am expecting the arrival of our Cocoon Clothing line and UL 240 Insulated Quilt as early as next week. Our Vapr Bivy sack and the new Absaroka Backpack are also to become available in October.

Lifetime BPL members will have an early opportunity for pre-purchase of these goods followed by members, and the general public.

Justin McMinn

@akajut

Locale: Central Oklahoma

The UL 240 product page says that I have the incorrect permissions to view the page. I assume its because of the mlife pre-sale??? Have the specs been posted anywhere on BPL? I was curious about the weight.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Justin,

The pages are currently only visible to Lifetime Members. We will not have the actual products in hand until later this week or early next so I cannot provide actual weight and size information until then. Stay tuned.

– Sam

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Sam, can you tell us what insulation is used in the cocoon line? I assume that it is different than the Polargard Delta that was previously used.

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

also wondering what the weight is on the jacket and pants

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

I have updated the product pages for the Backpacking Light Cocoon Hoody and Pant as well as the BPL UL 240 Quilt with estimated weights and final CLO values.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/new_backpacking_gear.html

BPL Cocoon Hoody (size med.): 9 oz (255 g); CLO 2.5
    BPL Cocoon Pant (size med.): 8.5 oz (241 g); CLO 2.5
    BPL UL 240 Quilt (size reg.): 23 oz (652 g); CLO 7.4

These items are still only available to our Lifetime Members until tomorrow morning. Stay tuned, BPL subscribers and general public.

Thanks,
    Sam

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I like the estimated weight of the Cocoon hoody and pant. Cool.

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

I wonder if Ryan or anyone involved in the design of the new Absaroka pack ever considered using dual hipbelt straps ala McHale packs, which I find excellent for comfort as this design greatly reduces pressure on the hip crest yet is very secure. I also wonder which pack manufacturer was the first to use dual hipbelt straps. Any insights? info? Mike

Ed Tyanich
    BPL Member

@runsmtns

Bryce Thatcher at Ultimate Direction had dual hipbelt straps on several packs starting in the mid 1990's. I believe he may have been the 1st as he worked with Nexus on development of the Quad buckle.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Sorry to be a bore, but any updates on the fly fishing stuff? I have some trips coming up and need to decide if I can wait for BPL or if I need to go to another source.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Jason, the fly fishing kits are nearly complete but are awaiting some final assembly. We are hoping to have them available before October is out.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Thanks Sam that's great.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

The new 2011 line of Backpacking Light Firelite Titanium Cookpots are now available in the BPL Store. Unique changes from our previous model include a pour spout, snug-fitting lid, and a wooden knob handle.

Learn more and acquire them for yourselves by visiting the BPL Gear Shop Titanium Cookware section.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

These pots are sweet.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

It's been irking me for the past few days… May I ask why the pot has a wooden knob? Just seems like something that would make the pot ungainly in the pack.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools