Topic

More New BPL Products for 2010

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info More New BPL Products for 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

A few notes and a little news about some of the things we have in development right now for a spring 2010 launch, just an update.

Cocoon 2010: UL 240 Quilts, UL Hoodies, and UL Pants. New insulation, better snaps on the quilts (finally!), and a warmer quilt (24 oz) than any of those previously released. The Hoodies have thumbholes, and both the Hoodies and Pants have the new insulation too. Approximately delivery June 2010.

Absaroka Pack: We're on our last, pre-production sampling now. The packs will probably go into production in March, delivery in May. We're doing youth sizes in this as well, and the pack will have custom shoulder strap and hip belt sizing options, along with an interchangeable web belt.

Titanium Cat Food Can Stove. What would Skurka buy if he wanted the best for his kitties? The BPL Cat Food Can Stove, of course. 0.7 oz. April 2010.

Ultralight Fly Fishing Kit. The whole shootin' match: a kit containing an ultralight lanyard pouch, flies, fly box, floatant, tippet, split shot, strike indicators, license pouch, and mini-hemostats. A perfect match to either Tenkara style fly fishing, or traditional fly fishing. Includes our own design of a beautiful oil-rubbed bamboo fly box. March 2010.

Vapr Bivies. Dual crescent side zip model, breathable upper, waterproof-breathable bathtub bottom, stake loops, much nicer aesthetics and construction quality, and still LIGHT! And a lot cheaper than the old models. June 2010.

New Titanium 550 and 900 pots. Much nicer quality and finish. April 2010.

And one teaser for fall:

Arctic Dry Pack: Complete overhaul on this one, now that we have three years of feedback from packrafters, canyon swimmers, and wet weather walkers about it. It will be quite a lot more comfortable, even less water absorbent, will carry more weight, be more durable, AND lighter – in the 24-28 oz range. The new pack will not be manufactured by ULA and is not the new pack they are calling the "Epic" which they will release this spring. Fall 2010.

David Ure

@familyguy

My head is spinning…..

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Rock on!

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

I'm excited for the insulated parka.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I wish the Cocoon pants were coming out earlier…that is, if they have full side zips.

Jason Martin

@jay-jaydub

Locale: 38655

I'm glad for the new 550s. I have been wanting one and they're out of stock… will be excited to see the new finish.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Ryan,
    My ADP weighs 31.25 oz with an additional 10.1 oz for the 50L drybag. Total is 41.35 oz.

Does the estimated weight (24-28 oz) of the new Arctic Dry Pack include the dry bag? If so, that would be major weight savings.

I'll get in line for that now!

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Put me on the list for the Arctic Dry Pack.

And on a side note, get your shipping to Europe (Australia, Asia, South America, Aftrica, etc.) in order first. Its ridiculous, yes, RIDICULOUS to pay 35$ for a 5$ item which weights 1 oz.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Thanks for the update Ryan. It is always nice to know what we can expect from the BPL "skunkworks" in the next few months.

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

Thanks for the teasers, Ryan!

I find it entertaining to look for new and protype gear in your articles and videos. But this time I wonder perhaps I have spotted the new Arctic Dry Pack in the pictures for other gear – the Stealth Nano Tarp.

Tarp pic with Dry Pack?

That's definitely not an Absaroka! It's probably not an Arctic Dry Pack either, but it's fun to guess!

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Looks like one of Ryan's McHale packs to me.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

That's a fine piece of non-woven dyneema from Cilogear. Good guess though, Chris.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

"get your shipping to Europe (Australia, Asia, South America, Aftrica, etc.) in order first. Its ridiculous, yes, RIDICULOUS to pay 35$ for a 5$ item which weights 1 oz."

I've tried this one a couple of times Hendrik. I have come to the conclusion that BPL simply isn't bothered about selling to customers outside the U.S.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

That's a fine piece of non-woven dyneema from Cilogear.

= sexy and 'spensive

carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

I´been using one cilogear 60 dyneema pack for the last year …. and I´m so upset about the pack , that I wrote a 5500 words review (17 text pages) with more than 20 photos about the issue….

Im trying to traslate the review to english….

coming soon :-(

David Ure

@familyguy

Carlos – look forward to that review. I have heard some not so flattering things about the packs and these were on my radar screen so I am interested to find out your user experience!

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Just paste the 17 pages into babelfish.altavista.com and it will give you a crude translation. It should be good enough to get the point across.

carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

due to the contents of this review I´m going to send the first copy to graham to know his opinion.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Any idea when the Ultralight Fly Fishing Kit is going to make its way into the Gear Shop? Ryan mentioned something about March 2010 in the first post. The sun is quickly setting on the month of March and no update on the kit. Anyone?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

The UL Fly Fishing Kit will be a go, we are in the process of sourcing the contents at this time.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Sam,

Do you have any info on when we might find out a little more about the 2010 product line (cocoon, pots, etc…)? Thanks

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

As these products have not entered the physical manufacturing process yet there is still the option for slight changes to the designs. Until those finalizations are complete I prefer to keep hush-hush.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Understood, thanks for the follow up.

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Locale: The fabulous Pyrenees

> New Titanium 550 and 900 pots. Much nicer quality and finish. April 2010.

Any idea when we will see the new pots? At least some specifications (dimensions, weight…)

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Here are some statistics for the new products. These numbers are not set in stone however and may vary from the actual production run.

1 Liter
    Weight: Approx. 90 grams
    Diameter: 11.5 cm
    Height: 10cm

500 mL
    Weight: Approx. 70 grams
    Diameter: 9.5 cm
    Height: 8.5 cm

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools