Topic

Patagonia R1 Pullover $30 at Moosejaw

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia R1 Pullover $30 at Moosejaw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

Its called a bait and switch. I'm going to be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau tomorrow.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"I'm going to be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau tomorrow."

Don't forget your State Attorney General as well. And detailing it on http://www.ripoffreport.com/ isn't a bad idea either.

Shawn Peyton
    BPL Member

@alifeoutdoors

Locale: Iron River, WI

Awesome Ted. Full support! I have to admit I was bad and flamed them on facebook. I'm usually a pretty mellow guy but I had already had a miss ship on a 10 x 14 tarp earlier in the week. So it ticked me off more than usual.

jason grosser

@turbolover

Locale: ventura california

THEY HAVE THE "NEW" R1 IN STOCK. i HAVE A CONFIRMED ORDER E-MAIL.THE COMPANY POLICY AND LAW ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. I AM WONDERING IF THEY ARE LIABLE. ANYWAY THE COMPANY DOES …. !

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I got the phone call this morning too. There's no excuse for having an inaccurate inventory with an online store. While I doubt they are smart enough to plot a bait and switch, it comes out that way. Your wallet can't see the difference between incompetence and malfeasance.

Vote with your feet!

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Everyone who complained about being ripped off should post a Reader Review on the company here at BPL entitled MooseJaw under item 1 "Companies (Customer Service)".

Give them the rating they deserve.

garry pollard

@pollardg

Locale: SF east bay

Only because the email said to share it with others. Of course you all are my friends.Looks like I am going to get an R1 for $30.00

From Moosejaw email

"Your Order Has Been Placed
    Way to go. You've won the best email receipt we've sent out all day. We recommend either printing this receipt and framing it in your bedroom or using it as a screensaver. It would probably also be nice for you to forward it around to a couple friends and maybe even an enemy or two."

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Locale: SouthEast

I haven't received any phone calls or emails yet saying my order had been cancelled so I am keeping my fingers crossed

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

I wonder if this $30 price point was an accident and the cancellations are damage control?

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

I figure all those who bought WM Summerlites for less than $150 love them!

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Now I did manage to get one of those but it was just pure luck

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

I order one last night, even though the site said $30 (76% off) they charged my credit card $125.00
    What a "BAIT AND SWITCH"

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Tad, when u checked out, was it still at $30? Last night, i saw mine jump up to 125 when it was in the cart, so i never checked out

If it was still at $30 when you checked out, only to be charged 125 later, then Gary and Patrick should follow up on their bills ASAP

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

I just check my bank account and it is still only showing like 32 dollars from moosejaw, but I did order a size xxl. What has everyone else ordered?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Patrick, you should be clear. Based on my understanding the $30, was only for xl and xxl sizes. Then around 12am last night, they started listing their newer inventory, which included sizes S through L. Those were never suppose to be on sale, but a couple people were able to check out before the system corrected itself. I think those are the guys that got cancellations this morning, or full msrp charges on their cards

for reference, i tried to add a $30 size small into my cart, and it jumped up to $125. I must have been right in the midst of their price adjustment

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Konrad Chen wrote: "Patrick, you should be clear. Based on my understanding the $30, was only for xl and xxl sizes. Then around 12am last night, they started listing their newer inventory, which included sizes S through L. Those were never suppose to be on sale, but a couple people were able to check out before the system corrected itself. I think those are the guys that got cancellations this morning, or full msrp charges on their cards

for reference, i tried to add a $30 size small into my cart, and it jumped up to $125. I must have been right in the midst of their price adjustment"

Not my experience. Here's the order date and time from the confirmation email: 2010-02-06 19:14:30.678. I ordered an XL and at that time only XL and XXL models were listed as available.

It had nothing to do with a new inventory update. I *imagine* that someone punched in the wrong price or their inventory count was way off.

Order Information
    SKU: Name: Qty: Price: Est Ship Date:
    10082964 Patagonia Men's R1 Pullover Black, Extra Large 1 $30.00 02/08

Add’l Discount: -$3.00

Master Card: $32.95

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

dang Dale, that really sucks. F those guys

Miles M

@milesm

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

I'm giving up on commercial suppliers. I'm going to start making wool from my shedding dogs and weave it together with cedar bark like the Native Americans did here. Add a couple baskets and I'll cut down my neighbor's tree and carve it into a canoe. :)

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

When I purchased the R! it said the a Large was in stock- the XL was not, the price was $30 but when I went to check out it jumped to $125.
    I went through with it thinking that the adjustment would be done during check out- while trying to get it to work it did the full charge- I did leave a rather harsh message on the phone (no one answered at midnight) and then they called back in the morning apologizing for taking my money even though they didn't have anything in inventory (thought their site said they did).
    All I got was "I'm sorry" and "we've cancelled the charge on your card"- now the banks will play with my $125 for a coupe of weeks before I see it again.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

please, if moosejaw canceled your order, please sent the eastern Michigan BBB a complaint. it'll only take you 15 minutes…

Marek Janda

@nyxatko

You people sound like you've never made any mistake in your life.

Yes, they could've handled the situation better, but still, I think you're overreacting a little bit.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

sending a complaint to the BBB doesn't guarantee any actual response from moosejaw.
    All the BBB does is make sure that my complaint about how moosejaw handled this gets to someone higher up in the company, and because its through the BBB, that person is less likely to just "file it away" in the trash can.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Yes, they could've handled the situation better, but still, I think you're overreacting a little bit."

I disagree. From what I've read so far, the posters first tried to deal with Moosejaw itself. Getting no redress there, they have few options. A BBB complaint is one of the best options for the reasons Ted stated above. And suggesting a boycott is another — companies listen when their income is at stake (though, true, it's not an impact they'll likely feel if it's just a few posters here). I think the reaction is spot on, but of course, YMMV.

kris dunn

@krisdunn

Just got an email from moosejaw saying they would honor the price mistake! I called customer service to confirm that I would still like the order and they said it will be sent!

If you ordered expect a follow up email. I never complained or contacted them after the cancellation so I don't think you need to do anything special.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools