Topic

Gear source Miami?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gear source Miami?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jörgen Johansson
    BPL Member

@jorgen

Locale: www.smarterbackpacking.com; www.fjaderlatt.se

Hello,
    Just a fairly lightweight Swede here, making his first posting :-)

I’m visiting Miami (Beach, actually) in a couple of weeks on a business convention. I’d appreciate if anyone could steer me in the direction of a good retailer for backpacking gear. Preferably lightweight if the option exists.

Jörgen

Eliza Cava

@ecava1

I have lived in Miami all my life and always enjoyed backpacking and camping. To the best of my knowledge, despite the enormous amount of wilderness in the area, there is only one outfitter store in the metropolitan area: Jet’s Outdoors. It’s in west Miami, you’ll need a rental car, a really good feel for weirdo public transit systems, or a lot of money for a cab. (http://www.jetsfloridaoutdoors.com/)

There are some other canoe and kayak shops (notably Florida Bay Outfitters, on the way down to the Keys-http://www.kayakfloridakeys.com/), but as South Florida is so hot, flat, and waterlogged, people don’t go backpacking much. Although there is some beautiful country to walk through in the Big Cypress Swamp (not this time of year, though. Only in the winter).

Enjoy your trip!

Jörgen Johansson
    BPL Member

@jorgen

Locale: www.smarterbackpacking.com; www.fjaderlatt.se

Thank you!

Jörgen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools