Topic

Are you not getting forum alerts for threads you’re watching?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Are you not getting forum alerts for threads you’re watching?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

A bunch of times I've not received alerts for threads I'm already set to follow, most recently with the 2nd Annual Pt Reyes Trip planning thread and the Winter Camping at Peter Grubb Hut thread.

For example, after checking Last 50 Posts I noticed a bunch of new posts to the Pt Reyes thread, clicked on one, and sure enough, at the top right of the page, was a link for "Stop watching this thread." Meaning I had already indicated I wanted to watch the thread. Yet I received no alerts for a whole bunch of recent comments.

Has this happened to you?

Is there something I need to be doing that I'm not? I thought once you're watching a thread, you're watching it and getting alerts for every new comment – especially when the link at the top right of the page shows you are already set to watch with "Stop watching this thread."

Hate to be missing out on all the good info and conversations.

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

never get them

Matt DeWitt

@tritan

Locale: Midwest

I have had this a few times, i feel your pain. I just keep going to the site to look at my items.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

EJ and I resolved this elsewhere, but to get the updates, you need to click on the link sent you in the first update email. Just visiting the forum from an open web session doesn't "reset" the watch feature. You'll need to click through from the email to force the reset and keep getting emails.

Thanks all!
    Addie

Mark Maritz
    BPL Member

@mmaritz

Locale: Rural Eastern Cape

Hi

I can't seem to find the link to view threads I am watching so I can stop watching the thread.

Thanks
    Mark

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

To see threads your watching click on view my profile.

Anonymous

You can also just click you name where it shows up next to your avatar to get to your profile.

From there you can see all your posts, reviews and watched threads.

Brian Alexander

@basin

Locale: Midwest

deleted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools