Topic

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Who is your daddy and what does he do?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

You mean the "daddy war"? Heh, heh…

Robert Richey
    BPL Member

@bobr

Locale: San Luis Obispo

At the age of 61 with two kids to put through college I salivate when I see the words "retire" or "ski bum." I do manage to get four weeks of vacation from my job at Santa Barbara County Mental Health where I work as a staff psychologist evaluating delinquents and abusive parents for the juvenile court. I also supervise a flotilla of interns. The woods are a great antidote to the social wreckage I encounter as part of my day job. Trying to squeeze all my long distance hiking fantasies into four weeks is worse than putting a bear canister into a G6.

I'm shocked to learn that this group does not include a majority of engineers, who seem to me to be way overrepresented on the Sierra trails. Maybe they are all on the G Spot or MYOG forums.

brian tackett

@briant

12 Year veteran. Still proudly serving. Somehow find time to fit in the outdoors.

Mark Jones
    BPL Member

@hibisk55

Locale: The Back of Beyond

Brian,

Thank you for your service.

j emery
    BPL Member

@nctbaldwin

Locale: At the 'puter

…but if I need money its machine shop.

I never backpacked in my life until the kids joined scouts. I lived 1/2 mile from the North Country Trail in Lake county for decades and never hiked it once. 12 years ago we pulled up stakes and moved to GR.

Ahhh, lost water under the bridge.

I have made up for it now, at age 50 I've spent many miles on the NCNST.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Pray tell, where is GR?

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools