Topic

Summit Shelters

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Summit Shelters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Xiangyu Yang

@faintty

I placed my order in late Dec. and received the tent on 15th.

dennis hoff

@dehoff

Locale: The Frozen Tundra

Wow, it looks like I’ll give them until I get back from Colorado (the trip I originally ordered the tent for back in February), seeing as how I’m leaving tomorrow. I

John Thompson

@leebob

Well, after 6 months I asked for my money back…then I got a bit of a song and dance from Bob Molen that went over like a fart in a diver’s helmet to be honest…I made it perfectly clear that a full refund was required and required immediately (waiting over a week so far). Hope I don’t have wait another 6 more months to get the check. The funny thing is I ordered a Tarptent the same day from Gossamer Gear and have already received it…

My advice to those who wait…caveat emptor.

Wayne Heckman

@wayman

Ordered evolution 1P1D June 30 with ship by mid to end of July date. No tent by 1st of Aug.Emailed that would ship in 30 days.Sept 5 not shipped as of yet. By the looks of things I am one of the lucky ones with only two months wait. If it does not ship by the end of this week going to cancel. Should have read this thread first and shopped elseware. Also I believe that BPL and all of the other reviewing mags. are doing their readers a disservice by hyping a product and not stating the downside of bad customer service.

John Thompson

@leebob

Wayne,
    Don’t feel too bad…I finally cancelled after six months of waiting (after paying in full up front of course) and the reason I ordered the tent was the very positive review I read here. The comment regarding BPL’s culpability is an issue with which I continue to struggle.

Bob Molen did make me other offers such as a single vestibule version of the 1P tent with a discount or an older revision C at a reduced price (which irked me mightily since updating to the new revision D was given as the reason for delay at one point) or offering the use of a loaner until my tent finally arrived. This was fine except that it was too little too late. If Bob had done this on his own without my continued followup I might have been more understanding…

In the end I finally just gave up. I was tired of the runaround and, to Bob’s credit, his response on the refund was pretty timely. I ended up ordering a Squall Tarptent through Gossamer Gear the same day I requested a refund from Big Sky and received both the new tent and the refund check within a few days of each other.

Based upon my experience (as well as those of several others in this thread)I wouldn’t put too much stock in that two month wait you were promised by Big Sky…the website indicates a 4-6week wait from time of order which most of us have heard before and more than once.

Good luck!

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I’ve had the odd experience of my credit card being charged $0.01 by Big Sky for a tent. I’m waiting for an explanation, I’m not even looking for a tent this year
    I’ve had a follow up email from Big Sky saying they need to charge 1 cent to keep the merchant processor account open until they ship.
    It appears they don’t charge for the product until shipping [now] which would be a mark in their favor.

Alex Lee

@gerbilbox

I had placed my order in early April, and finally got my tent in early August; 6 months!

However, now I’m on a different wait. After I had placed my order I decided to change it from CF poles to aluminum ones, so I’m waiting on that refund. Bob last replied to my e-mails a month ago and I’ve been leaving messages on the phone number all last week and this week, but no luck :(

Alex L

Richard Sullivan
    BPL Member

@richard-s

Locale: Supernatural BC

I ordered Mar 31, 2006 but yesterday I finally gave up and bought another tent. Now I’m on a refund quest. No response to my first email.

Summit CO

@summit

Locale: 9300ft

Man am I ever glad I bought a Tarptent instead… nothing but good dealings with Henry’s biz.

R Z

@taylor

Locale: z

J R

@ravenul

sounds like its time you all got togehter and filed a class action law suit.

dennis hoff

@dehoff

Locale: The Frozen Tundra

Contact your credit card company, and be glad that you did not use PayPay out of a bank account.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Contact the Attorney General/Consumer Protection agency in his home state. Your credit card company can proably take care of the issue quickly too. They could revoke his credit card services. Finally, if this was all conducted over the Internet, it may fall under Federal jurisdiction and anti-fraud laws. Fight back!

R Z

@taylor

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Taylor:

This thread is 6 months old and 6 pages long!

A BRAND NEW LIST just got started today. You should post there so there will be one integrated list of folks who ordered but did not receive their tents. CLICK HERE .

R Z

@taylor

Chuck Shugart
    BPL Member

@cshugart

Locale: Canadian Prairies

Just add me to the list of those who are wondering what’s going on. Ordered in late April or early May 2006; still waiting. I’m into him for about $400.00 Canadian (ordered aluminum and carbon fibre poles.) Does waiting patiently give him a chance to get his act together, or give me no chance of ever seeing my money?

Richard Sullivan
    BPL Member

@richard-s

Locale: Supernatural BC

Still waiting since Mar 31st…

Viewing 18 posts - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools