Topic

Vicariously

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Vicariously

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

I did see that screw, but it isn't near anything vital. The orthopedists have criteria for how far they can protrude before they worry about it- I'm not the expert. (Ideally, the screw tip passes totally through the bone cortex on both sides without protruding- the ones on the midshaft fracture look perfect.) But sometimes screws do cause problems and they do go in and pull them. It's more of a problem with pins or with screws without plates, though, I think, because they can migrate in or out easier.

Any orthopedists in the crowd?

Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind words. I'll be back in action in no time. Just gotta listen to my doc and not push things. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I have a lot of pics of the actual leg if anyone cares to see. Some of them are a little nasty… didn't know if I could post them or not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Juston, nice Monster! Was it wrecked? Not that that would matter, so as long as you are ok!

Termis look great! I have a 1098 and a Sport 1000S, both with Termis and other lil' goodies.

Juston Taul

@junction

Yeah she's gone. I hydroplaned, crashed, went airborne and then struck a telephone pole. I did a little over 13K worth of damage. Fun bike while it lasted. I guess I had better slow down or not ride in the rain next time. :D The 1098 is such a sweet bike. Have you had a chance to get on the Streetfighter yet? That's a scary bike! I loved it! Not my style though. I like an old school look with a modern twist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shame about the Monster! Haven't been by the dealer lately, so I haven't really seen many of the new offerings up close. I hear ya with the "old school with a modern twist". Love my Sport 1000S, but will prolly flog both of the Ducatis and pick up an old Triumph to park between my Rover and the Mini cooper ;)

Juston Taul

@junction

Just an update for this thread. On May 7th of this year I had hardware removed from my knee. It was causing issues and had to be removed. Things couldn't be better. My knee feels great. The hardware in my leg remains, but hasn't bothered me as of yet. I might have it removed later on down the road. Here is a picture of the hardware that was removed. Imagine having that inside your knee. Not so good for hiking.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

That looks like prime MYOG material!

Juston Taul

@junction

I'm actually having it melted down and made into dog tags. I hope it turns out well. :D

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

The wonder of technology!! Glad you are all recovered, Juston. Don't melt down all the metals though — keep a few for 'sentimental' sake. :)

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I *could* use some UL tent pegs…..

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

My ti hardware is fused into my back (L5-S1) and is non removable (pre autopsy that is).

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Wow, that sucks about the bike wreck. I worry about doing the same. I'm glad you're well on the way to recovery.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

We could start a bike wreck thread!

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Glad to hear you are making good progress Juston.

How much do you want for that Ti potlifter? ;)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> My ti hardware is fused into my back (L5-S1) and is non removable (pre autopsy that is).

Tempting, tempting …
    :-)

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools