Topic

5XRewards at MooseJaw

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 5XRewards at MooseJaw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

http://www.moosejaw.com I am too lazy to write the deals of how it works. Put it this way though. Say you spend $500, they'll give you a $250 store credit. Its a buy an item at a certain price get half back kind of deal. Knock yourselves out!

CYBER MONDAY DEAL ONLY EXPIRES AT 12am EST TONIGHT!

Zachary Crane
    BPL Member

@zcrane

Locale: Midwest, USA

Must be a killer deal, their site seems to be overloaded and crashing right now!

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

I am trying to get on the stupid site right now as we speak!

howard chen

@gmg4life

Locale: East Bay

has anyone been able to get on?

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

I was able to get on and locate the items that I wanted, but when I went to go place them into my cart I got a connection error on every attempt. I eventually said to heck with it and talked to the live chat people. They gave me their phone number 1-877-666-7352 and I did my order using this method. However, if you are going to call them, I hope that you are at least able to view the items that you want. This will help with the coordination process over the phone. I just placed a $110 order so I will be getting a $55 credit to through their rewards program for other things that I need. Sweet!

Scott Ireland
    BPL Member

@winterwarlock

Locale: Western NY

The response to the promo was so big it took the site down – here's a note they emailed out tonite

"At Moosejaw, we're committed to making shopping as much fun as backpacking the Chilkoot trail or playing red rover. This morning, we didn't live up to that commitment when our site went down due to problems caused by our 5X Rewards Promo and high traffic volume.

Long story short, we've fixed the issue by removing the promo code. Now anyone who checks out WITHOUT entering a promo code will get the 5 Times Rewards Points when we process the order. The deal is still good until midnight PST, so if you missed it earlier today, there's still time.

Love the madness,
    Harvey Kanter, CEO
    Moosejaw "

frank white

@smoky1

Tried to log in 9:25pm central and site is down.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

I bought a Mountain Hardwear Scrambler pack for $80 with free shipping & $40 back. Its not the lightest pack at 19oz but I'm sure that can be trimmed a little. The pack is much bigger & weighs more than 07 model. FYI sale items get 2.5x reward instead of 5x.

Royal Magnell

@blueman

Locale: Northern CA

Will this work with Western mountaineering sleeping bags?

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

As far as I can tell Yes as long as you don't have any codes entered when checking out. I did not see any brands excluded but if its on sale you will get 2.5x rewards not 5x.

Royal Magnell

@blueman

Locale: Northern CA

So I tried to order a western mountaineering bag and it told me that I had failed the 10 point security test and that I could contact moosejaw's customer service if I had questions. I emailed them and I'll see what happens. I'm not a happy camper :(

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Store credit at an unreliable store is no bargin.

Michael Williams

@mlebwill

Locale: Colorado

Sale items get 2.5x – and most of the things I am looking for are on sale.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Thanks for that. I was wavering between two tents at about the same price- one on sale and one not. I went with the not on sale one thanks to the mentions above. Playing with the shopping cart it looks like sale merch. always gets 1/2 the point value (5 pts/$ instead of 10). So everything is 5x, just sale stuff is 5×1/2.

BD Megalite in all its circus tent splendor is coming my way.

Matching teal Silnylon for a floor/nest is also coming my way from the BPL Gear Swap.

Jim

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks for this. I got a WM Summerlite…awesome because it wasn't "on sale".

Scott Ireland
    BPL Member

@winterwarlock

Locale: Western NY

According to Moosejaw's Twitter page, they are honoring the 5x today also. They also say that if you didn't get your 5x yesterday to email them the order number and they'll correct it.

howard chen

@gmg4life

the lady I spoke with yesterday was really nice about the website being down so she gave me 10% off in addition to my 5x reward.. but I got a phone call this morning from them at 6:50 am my time… (i'm on the west coast).. saying that the marmot zeus jacket I ordered was out of stock.. so I asked them for more of a deal on something else because of them not having my order and calling me so early.. I asked nicely and it worked :) I picked up a mountain hardwear phantom that was on sale for 189.99 and he gave me the 5x rewards, he also gave me 15% off the order, a free moosejaw hoody, and upgraded free shipping.. all in all pretty happy with my experience at moosejaw.. they made things right even though they weren't the first time. two thumbs up for moosejaw

Jeff K
    Spectator

@jeff-k

Locale: New York

I have ordered from moosejaw in the past and have been very happy. However, I was not happy with the order I placed yesterday.

The order I placed is different than the order I see on the website. When I go to track my order it shows them as me only ordering 4 items when I ordered 6. Also, the price of the order on the order details page is different than the price of the order summary page and both of those are different than the price of the order I placed. I am also showing only 2x the rewards.

I used their live chat option on their website and they were nice and after a little double checking they showed my order as the complete order I originally placed, but the order displayed on the website is still incorrect.

I have faith in moosejaw that the right order will be shipped or they will make it right. However, it is a little upsetting to see only half of the items you ordered listed despite the total charge listed being for the full order.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

I really can't find anything I want there. They have Western bags, but being a hammocker I don't really want sleeping bags anymore.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Howard it looks like you got the best deal!

My 4000 MJ rewards showed up in my account today!

howard chen

@gmg4life

Thanks Bender! I'm really happy about the deal I got and am looking forward to receiving the package. All in all the moosejaw site is a pretty refreshing change from the standard mundane online shopping experience… although regardless of the experience of the site the best deal still speaks the loudest :)

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Does anyone have any extra moosejaw points that they would like to sell to me? All points that are made off of purchases can be transfered to other peoples account. Therefore, you could transer your points and I could give you money from them. Let me know if anyone is interested in cutting a deal with left their over unsed points that they do not think they will need. Thanks.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

I'm jazzed about my new gear. They say it shipped today.

The points will burn a hole in my pocket but I'm planning to save them for something I NEED instead of just WANT.

Jim

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

I got a Buy 1 Get 1 Half off deal on two different Western Mountaineering sleeping bags (thus 4 sleeping bags in total) with a coupon and got 1X points back in return. So while I did not necessarily take advantage of the 5X deal, I still thought it was nice to have saved the money that I would have otherwise gotten back in points had I done the deal instead. Now I am not tied down to moosejaw should I want to buy something from somewhere else unless of course were talking about the 1X points that I earned back…which is still a heck of a lot with the expensive purchase that I made =)

P.S. Man Howard if they offered me that kind of deal, why didnt you get more stuff than just a jacket…I would have been all over the fact that they gave me 15% off on top of 5X points if I were in your shoes. Anyways Im still happy you got the jacket you wanted and a cool hoodie to go along with it! Rock on man.

P.S.S. As I was saying earlier, if anyone would like to part with some of their points, Id be interested if they'd be willing to give me a top notch deal based off the fact that the MooseJaw Reward Zone does not carry everything that their normal store does.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I resisted and got nada. They have nothing I need and I've been avoiding buying stuff just because it is on sale.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools