Topic

24: November at Sandbeach Lake

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 24: November at Sandbeach Lake

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Check out my new trip report at Dondo Outdoors.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Excellent trip report. This Kahtoola Microspikes look cool, I have YakTrax I use on my Sorrels for clomping around in the snow, but those look great for winter walks.

Do you know the high and low temps?

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Hi David,

Yeah, I like the Microspikes a lot. For me, they have the best balance between durability, weight and performance of all the traction devices that I've used.

Good question about the high and low temps. I didn't carry a thermometer, so I don't really know precisely. But I just checked Snotel for the night I was out and their sensor in Wild Basin at 9,560' recorded a low of 25F. I was camped about 700' higher. Normally, I figure the temps drop about 3F for each 1000' of elevation gain, so the low was probably around 23F at Sandbeach Lake. I don't even want to know what the wind chill was. ;-) The Snotel sensor recorded highs of 44F and 46F for the two days I was out.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Dondo,
    You take so many great trips. Thanks for sharing.
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools