Topic

Pretty funny..

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Justin Chaussee

@judach

Locale: Earth

Most of you have probably seen this, but I stumbled across this video last night while I was bored. This guy really hates tarptents! Not to mention doesn't even know how to pitch one… (It's a 2 part series, but you can get the gist of it by watching this one video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW2dKsLdHWg

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Excuse the vulgarity but that guy is seriously a dumbass.

Justin Chaussee

@judach

"Excuse the vulgarity but that guy is seriously a dumbass"

-Yeah, I agree. I pitty him actually. He seems like one of those "set in their ways" people who fear change.

Zack Karas
    BPL Member

@iwillchopyouhotmail-com

Locale: Lake Tahoe

"That's a bunch of bullpoo!". Too funny. His tone of voice sums him up pretty well. I just about crapped myself when I got a view of his appearance–not at all what I was expecting.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

I thought this was a parody for the first couple of minutes. What the heck kind of pitch was that? Plus, his video actually disproves his own point. Clearly, the silnylon beaded up.

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

So sad.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Brother. That was painful.

"Zzzzzziiiippppp!"

A two part series? You actually watched more of it???

Justin Chaussee

@judach

It was like a train wreck. I couldn't help but keep watching. At 0100 hrs it was pretty entertaining.

Justin Chaussee

@judach

The comments on youtube are pretty funny too. The guy just can't see logic. It's like trying to reason with a drunk; you just won't get anywhere.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

LOOK AT HIM! I hope that's a wig. Clean that beard. Gross.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

That guy was hilarious!! Love it how he pitched it

Justin Chaussee

@judach

Haha, after watching it again (I know, I know…) did anyone notice he only has one shoe on? He has one bare foot and the other has a sandal on it. haha. What a loon! Hillarious. I can't stop watching it. Someone help!

Luke Ochsenbein

@lukeochsen

Locale: Ozarks

Come on Ken, beards and the backcountry go way back! ;)

Even though it is pretty ridiculous, this is a good video if you ask me. It shows what happens when you don't know how to use your gear,

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Clearly he's more interested in camping than hiking. It's not only evident in his tent choice but in his footwear as well.

I also love how he complains about the tarp tent not shedding water but then goes on to point out that he didn't even experience condensation under it.

A D

@wentworth

I thought this video was a joke until I saw the comments. That is the worst pitch I've ever seen!
    I'm refraining from commenting…. barely.

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

Now come on, folks. This guy has to live in that tent. If your tent was your primary abode, you'd want a wedge tent with a floor, too.

Seriously, though. That's the worst pitch I've ever seen. Didn't the old Virga (is that what it was?) have line tighteners?

Stargazer

P.S. Gotta love that beard. I looked pretty much that way myself — in 1971.

P.S.S. Let's start the "Buy a New Sandal for the Tent Dude Fund" right away.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Be sure to watch his other videos on why you don't want trail runners, what sleeping pads weigh, and ultralight food like flour.

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Oh, one more thing. What strikes me about this vid is that he is in the mainstream, and we, thank goodness, are not.

We might fight like dogs on this forum over the details, but we really do share more in common than we disagree on.

When I went BPing recently in the Zaleski State Forest, I saw several Boy Scout (and other) tents at the main BPing campsite, and they all looked exactly like the Tent Dude's, even though those Boy Scouts had to trek 17 miles into the forest to get them there.

Occasionally, one of them would wander into my campsite and say something like, "Is that a real tent?" I would let them get in, and smile as they curled up on my sleeping pad. "21 oz," I said to the dad, who was always standing near by. I could see the hunger on his face. He's the one who had to carry the tent 17 miles.

Despite the Tent Dude's hippy beard, we're the rebels, not him.

Stargazer

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

The Tent Dude has now become one of my favorite humans on the planet (perhaps not for reasons he would appreciate).

His "latest posts" includes "Mauser field assembly VZ24," and one of his favorites is the trailer for Saw VI.

Stargazer

Jack Newton

@figster

Locale: Central Arkansas

My lady was impressed that Rob Zombie would review tents on youtube. Where da zombies at, bead job man?

Jack

tommy d

@vinovampire

ha! Funny stuff. I liked the boots video where he said something along the line of the following: "The military probably got the idea from me. I hiked with the Navy Seals in the Special Forces."

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Hahahaha that tent dude is the antithesis of UL…imagine how much all that hair must weigh! I guess the only good thing you could say about his hair is that it is an organic and renewable source of insulation.

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

His hair could also be used to make cordage in a pinch.

David Ure

@familyguy

I think we can all agree that the fellow is a little dilusional, but does degrading him make everyone feel better?

It might be better to start a dialogue with him and help him instead.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

"It might be better to start a dialogue with him and help him instead."

You cannot change the mind of a religious fanatic. Imagine if HE tried to convert YOU into a heavy packer…! Impossible.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools