Topic

MLD TrailStar thread.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD TrailStar thread.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

nm

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Thats kinda what I was looking for… I guess saggy mesh isn't so bad as long as you're dry!:)

EDIT- its interesting to see the different ways the edit feature can be used.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

trailstar

A narrow door gives good access and a nice snow shedding pitch. Last night (pictured) I got an inch of snow between 6 and 7 am.

Gordon Towne
    BPL Member

@gordontowne

Locale: New England

Nice looking pitch. That looks similar to Liang's photo earlier on in the thread to deal with snow. I like the idea of using the two branches in an inverted V, though. That would make it a lot easier to get in and out without contacting the sides than the single pole in the center. If space allows, I normally just set the pole elevating the door further away, but this would be more viable in cramped settings.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

@ Richard and David – thanks for the photos!

I've wondered about the steeper pitches and 'mid conversion as well and am glad to see that it works geometrically. I'm curious to hear about more trail experience with these set-ups in gale weather.

I wonder if Ron would be willing to add a vent at the top as an custom add-on?

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

I had a bit of snow early this morning: http://vimeo.com/10877073.

The Trailstar above was pitched with a canoe paddle as a center pole, rocks buried in the sand as stakes, and the branches as entrance poles.

The subtle cat cut on the sides really get the job done.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools