Topic

Vargo Outdoors

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Vargo Outdoors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I was traveling across Rt 80 in PA , and decided to stop into Brian Vargo's store in Lewisburg (north central PA). It's called Vargo Outdoors. I had known about the Vargo Ti stoves for years, and had met Brian briefly at the AT Trail Days. I had checked out his website a few months ago and was surprised by the other items he has developed and sells on the web. I was also surprised to learn that he has a brick & mortar store since most cottage manufacturers are purely internet based.

It's a small store in the quaint town of Lewisbug, PA (also home to Bucknell University). Brian wasn't in, but I had a nice chat with the guy working the store (unfortunately didn't get his name since my attention was split between gear and my 2 yr. old daughter that had just woken up from a nap).

It's one of the few retail stores I've been in that has a significant lightweight variety of gear. They do have the typical North Face clothing line for the college students, but the back section of the store is dedicated to lightweight stuff. In addition to his Ti gear (alcohol & Esbit stoves, pots/cups, stakes, & utensils), he also has Enertia dry foods, Antigravity cozies, stuff sacks, etc. He also has kayak rentals. He's developed a fairly extensive series of DriSeal bags. I got some half priced stakes (Ti, of course) and a dry bag, along with a few other odds and ends.

http://www.vargooutdoors.com/

If you're in the area check it out, or see what's new on his website.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools