Topic

Bonds Loop (White Mountains) 8/14-16/09

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Bonds Loop (White Mountains) 8/14-16/09

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Angela Z, Gary H and I managed to get out for a humid, sunny weekend in the White Mountains for a mini-BPL-Northeast-Chapter hike. I'll just post a few pictures for now, but if you want the full story, I just put it up here.Fording the Pemigewasset River
    Fording the Pemi River, somewhat unnecessarily, since there was a bridge right around the corner.View from Bondcliff
    Looking at Owl's Head and Franconia Ridge from Bondcliff.
    bondcliff
    The classic Bondcliff photo with West Bond behind us.
    galehead
    Hazy evening with Mount Garfield and Galehead Hut.Owl's Head summit
    Gary and me at the summit of Owl's Head, enjoying the extensive views.green tunnel
    The green tunnel to the finish line.

For a full range of pictures, go here.

edit: stupid sideways pictures…

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Nice photos. I was up on Franconia there a few weekends ago, but was socked in with fog. Nice to see the mountains.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Great pictures–Not too many Green Tunnels here in the West-I wish the Sierras were a little bit more lush and not in a drought!!

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

Its been a long time since Ive been to the Bonds. I intend to go there before the winter comes.
    I see that you went to the Long trail Festival too. I missed it again this year!

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Jay, did I hear a west-coast hiker wishing for east-coast terrain? That's got to be a first.

Has anyone clicked on the link for the rest of the pictures? Picture of a maggot-ridden moose carcass, anyone? Have I piqued your interest?

Yep, this trip to the Whites reminded me that carrying a light pack doesn't necessarily make your a better hiker– my legs were quite sore at the end of the day.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Nice Moose Dude!!! A green tunnel would be a change of pace compared to looking at Yosemite Valley, 12 to 14,000 ft peaks and glacial domes.. Just having fun-still great pictures….

Angela Zukowski

@angelaz

Yeah… very relieved to hear that you were hurting as well, Ryan! Great trip, excellent scenery… good times!

I was beat the next day at work, though. Sheesh.

Anyway. Hopefully more BPL New Englanders will be able to join in next time! We'll have to plan a trip with more advance notice… and better conditioned legs!

James Dubendorf
    Spectator

@dubendorf

Locale: CO, UT, MA, ME, NH, VT

Hello All,

Great hike summary! I am recently relocated to RI from Boulder, CO, and would love to join in on future expeditions. The Rockies are great and all, but man have I missed the northeast.

Cheers,
    James

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

More NE BPL hikes would be great. Anybody want to try a day hike some weekend in September? We'll see.

Spruce Goose

@sprucegoose

The VT50 is 9/27. I find that it always makes for a nice day hike.

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

that is a great loop you guys did. I would love to tag along next time!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools