Topic

1 Yr of Backpacker Magazine for $3.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 1 Yr of Backpacker Magazine for $3.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Locale: Virginia

2 legit 2 legit 2 quit!
    There now it's stuck in ya'lls heads to!
    Muahahahahaha!!!

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

OK, thanks for the BBB rating etc.

But why the heck is their security certificate for another site? Have they been hacked?

Confused in California,

HJ

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Amazon has a deal for $5.00. Their site has a valid security certificate. I'll pay $1.00 to be sure. :)

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

I am still waiting, how about you? Although they did say it could take up to 13 weeks to get your first issue.

Allison Sayre

@teamalli

Locale: PNW

Nope.

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

Im going to wait until the final week that I was told that should get it. If I dont get it by then, Im going to ask for a prompt refund regardless of whether or not I am told it is on its way or some crap like that. While $4 isnt a lot to get suckered out of, its the principle =)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> But why the heck is their security certificate for another site? Have they been hacked?

Happens – security certificates get reused but not always correctly. Rarely means they have been hacked. Just means sloppy admin.

Cheers

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

My first issue came in the mail right on time. Awesome deal!

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

When did you subscribe so I can cross-reference when I subscribed and make an estimation on when I should get mine. Thanks

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

I'm not a huge fan of BP mag but jumped on the good deal for the odd good article/issue. I was concerned about auto-renewal, so I emailed Deekins and got the following response. Seems like a great deal….. Mike

FROM DEEKINS:
    Thanks for the order. We understand your concern about having your subscription automatically renewed. It is a very valid concern. But rest assured that Deekins.com is run by just a few consumers who hate to have things automatically renewed just like you.

Therefore your order will never be renewed unless you do it. Take a look at our FAQs at the link below to see our actual answer.

Automatic Renewal?
    http://store.deekins.com/questions-answers.html#ques13

Regards,

The Deekins.com Staff
    http://www.Deekins.com – Your Source for Magazine Subscriptions

Allison Sayre

@teamalli

Locale: PNW

I've just gotten my first issue as well. I subscribed July 17th.

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

So there I was thinking, if Mike got his first issue and you (Alli) did as well, heck then why haven't I received mine if I subscribed to the magazine on the same day you (Alli) did? Then I got to thinking, well I got my Gossamer Gear LightTrek 4 poles today and I was so excited about those that I didnt even bother to look at what appeared to be junk mail sticking out of my mailbox…you know the kind…where it looks like you have a box full of ads and local store coupons waiting for you. Then a lightbulb went off in my head…wait a second…I think I did see a magazine sticking out of my box. And low and behold, what I originally thought to be a Kohls Catolog really ended up turing out to be my Backpacker Magazine! While I havent had the time to really look it over yet, perhaps we could use this post to act as a Magazine Club. You know…like a book club…but instead a magazine clubs that discusses what you thought was interesting in each issue? Then again maybe not :P

Charles Jennings
    Spectator

@vigilguy

Locale: Northern Utah

THANKS!!!! This is the kind of deal that I was waiting for!

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Got mine yesterday. Good for power outages, handing out to people, coffee table.

John Adams
    BPL Member

@scsjohn

Locale: Midwest

got mine yesteday too. Thanks,

Tim Testa

@michaelredbeard

They sent me the October issue about about 2 weeks ago and when I was picking up my mail today, I found a September issue waiting for me. I guess it really doesnt matter, because I hadnt check out the September issue at all, but still I find it funny that they are sending me back issues. All I have to say is that I better not get an August issue! Knuckleheads lol Anyways just thought Id throw that out there and see if anyone else experienced this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I received my first issue from Backpacker Magazine (October Issue) today. Thanks Ernie for turning me on to this deal!

PS: Here's a tip for those of you who dont enjoy reading Backpacker Magazine and feel the need to trash it, Dont read it!

Rob D.
    Spectator

@ltwtr

It still works. Thanks for the link!

Shawn Wandell
    Spectator

@stwandell

Locale: Too close to lights

Came a little later than others… pretty good deal.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

great deal for $3.99

btw- check their trip planner stuff online- pretty nifty and the price is right- nothing :)

sheila o
    BPL Member

@bumpass

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /

Got mine……6 weeks later on the nose!

Rob Wolfenden

@wolverine

Locale: North East

i'm not even that big on the mag but hell for $3.99 why not. just ordered and the code still works.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

It worked 10/03. Muchos gracias, it saves me from impulse buying single issues each year.

Paul Erickson
    BPL Member

@ericksonpk

Locale: Wasatch Front

Thank you.

The deal is still available as of October 5th.

Paul

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Only $3.99 and I still can't believe I spent money on it.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools