Topic

40% Off Golite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 40% Off Golite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

fyi, here's the ad i posted on PBF, for your viewing pleasure:

"brand new with tags, and impulse buy that i believe i will never use. i was going to give this to my son, but he is leaving for the USAF.

list is $225
    i'll ship it to conUS for $175.
    $50 savings, plus

i accept paypal. thanks, mike"

pm if interested

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

"b) the quilt i recieved had a completely, totally empty baffle. nice work, china! fortunatly, it was sent to me instead of someone who would have to send it back, unless they had sewing skills and some extra down handy. I filled the chamber with similar down, and sewed it shut in an un-noticable, professional manner."

Well I apologize, I didn't realize that you'd added value to the quilt. Maybe it's now worth more than $225 now and it's a steal at $175. You should put that in the ad on PB Forums, better than new. But with all the posting you do here, I'm still not quite sure why you didn't post it in the Gear Swap.

"c) what I got for my $145 was a quilt with an empty baffle. if you dont want my quilt, dont buy it."

Well first you should look at your original post up above here, you said you got it for $135, not $145, so I was just quoting that. Second, if you do a quick Froogle search, you'll probably notice that a number of places have the Ultra on sale for less than $175.

Robert Bryant

@kg4fam

Locale: Upstate

what the guy paid for his quilt doesn't matter. the price he is asking is all that matters.

we live in a capitalist country and that is just how things work. nothing wrong with trying to make a little profit even if his prices are not that good.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

you still did not answer my question: what is your point? i think you have a (apparently) passive aggressive need to point out what a jerk i am for trying to turn a profit. please man, dont embarrass yourself.

you can find the Ultra 20 for less than im asking? see "c)"

and i did not have to make mention that i had to pay shipping, something that you apparently did not have the foresight to point out to others while you try and personally attack me.

fwiw, i listed this quilt on PhoenixCraigslist, arizonahikers.com, hikearizona.com, practicalbackpacking, and last but not least HammockForums.net where (guess what?!) I am the guy who took this thread and posted it there, for all to see. but hey, thanks for playing, Sherlock.

have a nice day, tool

Robert: the measly $20 "profit" im asking is to cover the work done to the quilt, and the cost of the down inserted. otherwise, id flip it for exactly what i paid.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools